Portland Rose Festival Porch Parade Celebrates Community! | Join the Fun, Unleash Your Creativity, Explore The Parade Map
Rose Festival has always been a celebration of people, events, and traditions; bridging communities in the City of Roses and beyond. This spring we are asking members of the community to celebrate with us by decorating their front porches.
Related Portland Events & Info
- Game Night: Remember Game Night? Weird New Game Funds on Kickstarter, From a Portland-based Team (May 5-June 4)
- Free Food: Free Food Bags at PLAZA DEL TORO Every Friday | 100 Free Bundles, First Come, First Served (Fridays)
- Meditation: Pioneer Courthouse Square Presents FREE Virtual Events: Mediation Mondays (Mondays)
- Science: Experience the Wonder of Science at Home w/ OMSI | Why Do Wash for 20 Seconds, Science Behind String Telephones & More!
- Benefit: Beyond PICA Virtual Fundraiser | Featuring 30+ Artists, Artist Conversations, Performance Works, Dance Parties & More! (May 14-16)
What is the Porch Parade?
Choose one of our themes as inspiration, or go wild with your own ideas. The purpose of decorating is to unleash your creativity and bring a smile to your friends and neighbors.
The Rose Festival will produce a virtual map with the locations of all our registered Porches, so you can plan a walk or drive around your neighborhood to see and share in the celebration.
Saturday, May 23 and Saturday, May 30 will each see a Rose Festival VIP Procession drive through select Porch Parade neighborhoods.
Step 1: Register your display!
- Registration is FREE!
You will be added to our Porch Parade Map.
As a special thank you, the first 100 Porches in the Portland Metro Area that register will receive a FREE Rose Festival Porch Parade lawn sign that will magically appear in your lawn, no need to touch it or interact with anyone.
- The more registered Porches in your neighborhood, the better your chances are for having the Rose Festival VIP Procession to come by, so get your neighbors involved, too!
- If you have a rose garden out front that’s visible from the street or sidewalk, we’d love to have you be a part of our Porch Parade Map! Use the Porch Parade registration form to register your rose garden.
Step 2: Decorate Your Porch
- Choose one of our themes as inspiration, or go wild with your own ideas. The point of decorating is to unleash your creativity and inspire hope for your friends and neighbors.
- Porches must be fully decorated by 12 noon on Saturday, May 16, and able to stay up until midnight Saturday, May 30.
- Porches must be appropriate for a family friendly audience.
- Don’t have a porch? No problem! Feel free to decorate your lawn, the sidewalk, a window, or something else visible from the street or sidewalk.
Step 3: Explore, Celebrate, Share
- Check the Porch Parade Map often to see how the celebration is growing!
- Go for a walk around your neighborhood, take pictures of the Porches you find, and tag us on social to help share the joy! @pdxrosefestival #paradinginplace #RFporchparade #rosesforhope
The more people who take part, the more celebration there is to share, so get your friends and neighbors involved!
Rules & Regulations:
- Displays must be fully decorated by 12 noon on Saturday, May 16, and able to stay up until Saturday, May 30, and must be appropriate for a family audience.
- Displays should not focus on religious, political, ideological, or controversial themes or issues. Use of any political sign, social or political material is not permitted.
- Portland Rose Festival reserves the right to exclude any displays that do not meet our guidelines or that feature content not aligned with our mission.
- Registration for the Porch Parade or Grand Petite Parade and/or tagging @pdxrosefestival or using #paradinginplace, #RFporchparade, #grandpetiteparade, #grandfloralfun, #juniormakers, #starlightporchbright or #rosesforhope with related photos or videos on social media, grants the Portland Rose Festival permission to use your images and footage on any platform.