Portland Cinco de Mayo Events: Parties, Festivals, Music, Food & Drink Specials
As always, we have a large list of Portland Cinco de Mayo events including parties, festivals, dinners, shows, etc. In 2021, Cinco de Mayo takes place on Wednesday meaning events will happen all weekend long!
It is a common misconception that Cinco De Mayo is Mexico’s answer to our own independence day. In actuality, Cinco De Mayo is celebrated to commemorate the Mexican Army’s unlikely victory at the Battle of Puebla on May 5, 1862. Whatever your reason for celebrating, there is a lot to do in Portland all weekend in honor of Cinco De Mayo.
2021 Portland Cinco de Mayo Weekend Events
- May 1: Cinco de Mayo Half Marathon, 10K & 5K @ Kliever Memorial Armory | Beautiful River Views, Beer, Cider, Food, Live Music (more info)
- May 3-9: Oregon Bartenders Guild Presents Portland Margarita Week | Featuring 13 Bars, 13 Margaritas, Benefit for Team Brownsville (more info)
- May 4-5: Partners in Diversity NW Equity Summit | Virtual Conference, Defining Moment: Where Do You Stand in Equity? (more info)
- May 5: Portland Trail Blazers vs Cleveland | 4PM, Where to Watch in Portland
- May 5: Portland Timbers vs Club America | 7:15PM on FS1, Where to Watch in Portland
- May 5: Son de Cuba Cinco de Mayo Celebration @ Botanist | Salsa, Timba, Cumbia (more info)
- May 5: Jeff Chilton on Produce Row Cafe Patio in SE | 6-8PM, Free Live Music (more info)
- May 5: Cinco De Mayo Party w/Sonny Hess & Lisa Mann on Blue Diamond Patio | Open 5PM, Music at 6PM, $3 Mexican Beers & Food (more info)
- May 5: ShanRock’s Triviology On The Video: Live Interactive TeleQuiz! | Play w/ a Team or Solo, Team Members Don’t Have to be in Same Location!
- Wednesdays: People’s Food Co-op Farmers Market is Open Wednesdays in SE Portland
Related Events & Information:
- Events: Our May Events Calendar & Ticket Giveaways
- From Drink Spirits: Top 5 Tequila and Mezcal for Cinco de Mayo
- Mother’s Day: Portland Mother’s Day Weekend Events
- May 24-27: Memorial Day Weekend Events