Portland in the News: Lives Saved; 75 Years of PSU; Baseball History & More | February 18, 2021
In the 1940s, Portland was home to an all black baseball team called The Rosebuds. And this year, they are coming back.
Founded to give soldiers returning home from World War II a place to get higher education, Portland State University turns 75 years old this year.
And thanks to strict adherence to COVID-19 guidelines, the Portland area saved 2,000 lives, economists say.
Here’s a roundup of the goings-on in Portland this week:
- OregonLive: Portland area saved 2,000 lives through strict adherence to COVID-19 guidelines, economists say.
- KOIN: Fan helps Blazers’ Carmelo Anthony get unstuck during Portland snow storm
- Willamette Week: In the 1940s, Portland was home to an all-Black baseball team called The Rosebuds. This year, they’re coming back
- KOIN: Where we live: 75 years of Portland State University
- Yahoo Sports: Stephen A. Smith apologizes to Damian Lillard, vows to never overlook him again
Get Portland News delivered every Thursday! Subscribe to our newsletter here.
Leave a Comment