Celebrate National Hispanic Heritage Month at These Portland Businesses
Celebrate Hispanic Heritage this month by visiting these Portland area businesses!
Related Portland Events & Info
- Win Tickets ($45): Rose City Rollers Presents Cinema Under The Stars with RCR: Say Anything & Deadpool @ Oaks Park | Teen Romantic Comedy-drama, Superhero Comedy
- Win Tickets ($150): Spirit of Halloweentown in St. Helens | Witches Dance Party, Vendor Village, Giant Jack O Lantern & More! (September 26-October 30)
- Win Tickets ($40+): Thank You Corn Maze @ Bella Organic Pumpkin Patch | Free Admission for Frontline Workers in September, Food Pavilion, Farm Animals, Beer, Wine & More!
National Hispanic Heritage Month
September 15-October 15, 2020
More info: ventureportland.org
National Hispanic Heritage Month is September 15th through October 15th and honors the cultures and contributions of both Hispanic and Latinx Americans and the traditions of Central and South American countries. In Portland, Hispanic and Latinx influence can be seen in neighborhood business districts citywide so Venture Portland is highlighting the Hispanic and Latinx-owned businesses that help make Portland Portland. Here’s just a few of the small businesses that are doing great things in our City:
- Alberta: La Bonita Taqueria is a family-owned and operated Mexican eatery with homemade tacos and salsas.
- Beaumont: Gustavo Soares is a State Farm Insurance agent who specializes in home, auto and life insurance policies.
- Belmont: Taqueria Los Punales serves up tinga-filled, house-made tortillas in a space decked out in queer art.
- Central Eastside: Milagro provides Latinx arts education and performances that showcase the best of local and international Latinx playwrights, musicians, dancers and actors.
- Cully: Angel’s Food and Fun serves delicious, affordable Yucatecan fare including their signature cochinita taco.
- Division/Clinton: Nuestra Cocina offers house made tortillas and sangrias in a creative, warmly decorated Mexican restaurant and bar; Palomar is a Cuban restaurant and cocktail bar with a rooftop patio.
- Foster: Portland Mercado is a colorful, open venue offering Latin American cuisine from multiple vendors plus a butcher and a food market; Nayar Taqueria is a family-owned taqueria that serves Mexican classics prepared with local ingredients; Bar Carlo is one of Foster’s premier brunch spots and has served Mexican-themed comfort food and cocktails for over a decade.
- Lents: Mojado is a Mexican food truck that specializes in healthy, fresh food made with quality ingredients; El Pato Feliz serves traditional Mexican food in a low-key colorful space.
- Old Town: Orox Leather Co. is a fourth-generation, family-owned business that produces handcrafted, high quality leather belts, bags and accessories.
- Soul District: Korita Sabor Casero is a Mexican and Salvadorian food cart that specializes in traditional pupusas.
- St. Johns: Tienda Santa Cruz serves tacos, burritos, quesadillas and their bakery also sells fresh, house-baked Mexican breads; Novedades Prado sells traditional Quinceañera, baptism and first communion formal wear plus COVID masks.
- Williams: Quesabrosa is a Mexican food cart that serves tacos, burritos, tortas and sopes; La Cocina specializes in traditional Mexican Cuisine such as tamales and fajitas plus breakfast options.
Leave a Comment