Portland in the News: Vote By Mail is Safe & Works; OSU Blue is Ready For Spotlight; Muralist Honors George Floyd & More | June 4, 2020
In his weekly news segment, Last Week Tonight, John Oliver talked about vote by mail and singled out Oregon as evidence that it’s safe and works.
And the vivid shade of blue created at Oregon State University 10 years ago has been approved for commercial use!
And a Portland artist has painted a mural on the boarded up windows at the downtown Portland Apple Store to honor George Floyd and others who’ve lost their lives to police brutality.
Here’s a roundup of the goings-on in Portland this week:
- Portland Monthly: Today’s Internet Artifact Is This 20-Year-Old ‘Portland Mercury’ Music CalendarOregonian: Ready to purge stuff after months of coronavirus lockdown? Here’s what Goodwill does and doesn’t want
- Oregonian: ‘Last Week Tonight With John Oliver’ singles out Oregon as example of vote-by-mail success
- Portland Monthly: Amid Unprecedented Strain on Portland Food Banks, a New Humanitarian Effort Is Here to Help
- Portland Business Journal: Portland businesses and leaders add to calls denouncing racism and violence
- Beach Connection: Oregon Coast Unexplained Part Two – Almost Paranormal
- Oregonian: Metro considers $9 million annual proposal to provide free TriMet passes for Portland area high school students
- Portland Monthly: A Portland-Made PSA Helps the Native Community Adapt to COVID-19
- Portland Business Journal: Willamette Valley has a new official winegrowing region