Portland in the News: Peacock Lane Celebrates 100 Years, Self-serve Gas, Bee License Plate & More! | August 3, 2023
Portland will be one of 17 cities across the country to get an urban agriculture center as part of an investment from the U.S. Department of Agriculture.
Oregon’s new bee license plate was designed by a 16-year-old bee enthusiast.
And Portland’s famous Christmas Street, Peacock Lane, celebrates 100 years this week.
Here’s a roundup of the goings-on in Portland this week:
- Willamette Week: The Oregon Music Hall of Fame Has Announced Its 2023 Inductees
- Portland Monthly: What’s Portland’s Signature Hot Dog? We Found 4 Finalists
- Portland Monthly: Taste Test: Best (and Worst) Local Beers for a Hot Day
- Oregon Capital Chronicle: Portland gets federal funding to host one of 17 urban agriculture centers nationwide
- Here is Oregon: Artist Jeffrey Gibson, Portland Art Museum curator among team representing U.S. in 2024 Venice Biennale
- Portland Mercury: As WNBA Eyes Expansion, Supporters Push For Portland To Be the New Face of Women’s Basketball
Get Portland News delivered every Thursday! Subscribe to our newsletter here.