Oregon Coast Aquarium to Reopen Outdoor Admissions in Newport | Staggered Entry, Sea Otters, Seals, Sea lions, Aviary & More!
The Oregon Coast Aquarium is pleased to open their doors to visitors on Monday, August 10, 2020. The experience is a one-hour facilitated outdoor encounter featuring five prominent outdoor exhibits.
Related Portland Events & Info
- Win Gift Card ($30): Unicorn Bake Shop Open for Delivery & Takeout in SE Portland | Cakes, Cupcakes, Vegan, Gluten Free, Treats
- Win Gift Card ($30): Portland Cider Co. Open | 30 Taps @ Hawthorne, 18 Taps in Clackamas, Full Menu, Patio, Happy Hour
- Food: Grab a Delicious Sandwich or Sub @ Portland Bottle Shop, Patio Seating and Curbside Pickup Available in SE Portland
- PPE: Protectly is Portland’s Top PPE Supplier | N95, KN95, IR Thermometers, Surgical Masks, Face Shields & More
- Wine: Hip Chicks do Wine Open for Wine Tasting in SE Portland! | Reservations Required, Delivery & Curbside Pickup Available
Oregon Coast Aquarium
$15 Per Person
More info: https://aquarium.org/
Location: 2820 SE Ferry Slip Rd, Newport, OR 97365
The Oregon Coast Aquarium is pleased to open their doors to visitors on Monday, August 10 after five months of being closed to the public.
“We are thrilled to welcome our guests back to the Aquarium.” said Carrie Lewis, President/CEO of the Oregon Coast Aquarium. “The visitor experience will be different but unique. Due to State Guidelines and while our County is in Phase I, we will have visitors explore our outside exhibits only. While this is a different model than what we are used to, we are focusing on the best experience that we can provide our guests. A greatly reduced admission price, enhanced safety protocols and a less crowded venue will create a special and safe experience for our guests.”
The experience is a one-hour facilitated outdoor encounter featuring five prominent outdoor exhibits; Vultures, Otters, Seals and Sea Lions, Seabird Aviary and a Rocky Habitat exhibit. Each station will be hosted by interpretive experts who will share fun and interesting information about the featured animals. Our animals are also eager to see our visitors again. They often peer from the edge of their habitats presumably wondering where everyone has gone!
“The health and well-being of our staff, volunteers, guests and animals is our top priority”, says Lewis. “We are limiting the number of guests per day, all tickets must be purchased online, social distancing and face coverings are required.”
In addition, all high touch areas, playground and café will be closed at this time. Visit www.aquarium.org for more information about the visitor experience. For this new and revised experience, Aquarium admission will be reduced to $15 per person and all tickets must be purchased online.
Leave a Comment