Multnomah County Libraries to Reopen with Limited Service by Appointment | Central, Gresham, Midland and North Portland, Pickups, Returns
Beginning Monday, June 8, Central, Gresham, Midland and North Portland libraries will begin offering holds pickup service by appointment. Patrons will once again be able to place holds online for pickup at one of these locations.
Related Portland Events & Info
- Community: Pedalpalooza Portland-Wide Celebration of Cycling | Ride Separately Together, Naked Bike Ride, Music Fest, Apocalypse & More!
- Cruise: Portland Spirit’s Columbia Gorge Sternwheeler Returns to the River This Weekend! | Heart of the Gorge Sightseeing, Gorgeous Dinner
- Trivia: ShanRock’s Triviology On The Video: Live Interactive TeleQuiz! | Play w/ a Team or Solo, Team Members Don’t Have to be in Same Location!
- Saturdays: Portland Farmers Market at Portland State University – Park Blocks
- Workshop: Planning for Mental Health, Goal Setting and a Sense of Safety | Virtual Organization Workshop Hosted By Marina Martinez-Bateman (June 22)
Multnomah County Libraries to Reopen with Limited Service by Appointment
June 8, 2020
More info: multcolib.org/covid19
The Multnomah County Library will begin holds pickup service at Central, Gresham, Midland and North Portland libraries on Monday, June 8, 2020.
Holds pickup service is by appointment only. Please call 503.988.5123 beginning June 7 to schedule an appointment or for help using the holds system.
Library bookdrops will reopen on Monday, June 8, so if you would like to return your materials you can. If you can’t make it to a library, that is ok. You will not be charged. We are continuing to suspend fees and fines.
We know you are missing your neighborhood library. We are ramping up our operations to be able to offer holds pickup at more locations soon.
This pandemic requires that we rethink the work of the library. We have put in place a set of priorities that sharpens our focus on community recovery. We will use these priorities to guide library work and services through 2021.
The unpredictability of this public health crisis means that reopening the library requires flexibility. The health and safety of our community, staff and patrons is most important. We will continue to add more services and holds pickup locations as we are able.
For more information about our phased reopening plan, an FAQ and instructions for using our new holds pickup service, please visit multcolib.org/covid19.
Thank you for your understanding and kindness. We look forward to serving you soon.