Program Assistant II
Metro is dedicated to shaping a better future for the greater Portland region. The work the people of Metro do every day benefits the lives of the people who live here, today and tomorrow. We offer a highly competitive compensation and benefits program. Learn more about the benefits Metro offers.
Are you detail-oriented, organized and accurate with your work? Do you enjoy occupying a key role to ensure that program operations run smoothly? Do you have the flexibility to transition between different types of program activities without missing a beat? If so, then you are the right person to join our team at the Portland Expo Center as a Program Assistant II.
The Portland Expo Center is a multi-purpose exhibition facility offering meeting rooms, exhibit halls, a full-service restaurant and flexible outdoor exhibit space. The expo center’s roughly 23 employees host an average of 500,000 visitors each year.
As part of the Metro family, the Portland Expo Center helps make greater Portland a great place to call home. Metro brings people together to shape the future of our area and provides parks, venues, services and tools at a regional scale.
As the Program Assistant II you will:
- Assist in budget coding, AP/AR assistance from the venue side, PO’s and coordination with Department Managers for procurement needs.
- Provides and implements administrative office/clerical support in a fast-paced environment for managers and staff.
- Answers main phone line on multi-line phone system, phone messaging system, provides customer service, answers questions, or direct callers/visitors to the appropriate department
Monitor and respond to incoming e-mails.
- Oversees ordering, receipt and distribution of office and event-related supplies and equipment, provides purchasing recommendations.
- Receives, sorts, and routes mail for all departments.
- Provides technical assistance to department staff, volunteers, and clients regarding use of computers and related software, network, fax, copier and printers.
- Manages service of common office-related systems such as copiers and other shared office tools.
- Prepares, revises, proofreads and edits a variety of department documents – reports, letters, memos, newsletters, calendars, statistical charts, spreadsheets using Microsoft Office programs (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint), as well as event management, accounting and database software programs, specifically USI/Ungerboeck/EBMS event management software and PeopleSoft software for coding purposes.
- Prepares and maintains confidential and sensitive correspondence, records, invoicing, agreements, IGA’s and other information.
- Provides data entry for event review and statistical information, scheduling and month-end reviews.
- Prepares cash deposits; balances petty cash; maintains balance log; tracks and submits cash change orders
- Receives and prioritizes work requests from a variety of personnel.
- Builds and maintains relationships with Expo staff and management to advance day to day requests and operations goals and outcomes
- Liaise with other departments in support of Expo requests
Attributes for success:
Provide excellent customer service to diverse individuals and groups, by meeting the needs and interacting with the public, employees, volunteers, clients, vendors, and others encountered during the course of work in a courteous and professional manner.
- Operate a multi-line phone system
- Knowledge of USI/Ungerboeck/EBMS event management software
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles and practice
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft software
- Operate a computer using Windows based programs, such as Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel, as well as scheduling, accounting and timekeeping systems.
- Operate database systems–data entry, review, reporting and data manipulation.
- Learn and adapt quickly to computer software and system changes and updates.
- Provide excellent proofreading of written text and numerical data; attention to detail.
- Basic math skills such as cash counting, addition/subtraction, reasoning.
- Type/keyboard accurately at least 40 words per minute.
- Organize and maintain electronic and hard files.
- Administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, file management, database management and record keeping.
- Professional business correspondence and basic report preparation.
- Computer and office equipment troubleshooting processes.
- Effectively manage competing and changing priorities and interruptions
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
Diversity and inclusion: At Metro, we’re committed to hiring a workforce representative of the communities we serve, recognizing that a diverse workforce strengthens our organization. We invest in employees by supporting equitable and inclusive hiring practices, employee policies and training programs.
We will consider any combination of relevant work experience, volunteering, education, and transferable skills as qualifying unless an item or section is labeled required. Please be clear and specific in your application materials on how your background is relevant.
High school diploma or G.E.D.
Two years of administrative and/or clerical work experience and a
will consider any combination of education and experience that provides the necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the duties and responsibilities of the position.
COVID-19 vaccination requirement:
Metro is committed to ensuring the health and safety for our employees and our community. As a part of this commitment, Metro has implemented a vaccine requirement policy for employees, paid and unpaid interns and volunteers.
Proof of full COVID-19 vaccination is considered a minimum qualification requirement for Metro job applicants. This proof will be requested during the hiring process.
If you require an accommodation under this policy for a medical condition or disability, or sincerely held religious belief, please email [email protected]
If this statement is true for you, then you may be ineligible to apply:
If I was terminated for cause during any of my employment with Metro, or resigned in lieu of termination, I understand I may be ineligible for rehire for a minimum of 3 years.
Like to have qualifications:
You do not need to have the following preferred qualifications/transferable skills to qualify. However, keep in mind we may consider some or all of the following when identifying the most qualified candidates. Your transferable skills are any skills you have gained through education, work experience, including the military, or life experience that are relevant for this position.
Previous experience in an administrative role
Previous experience working within a large venue
COMPENSATION AND REPRESENTATION
Based on the Oregon Pay Equity Act requirements, Metro’s internal equity review process, and the candidates’ qualifications, the appointment will typically be made between $26.24 to the equity range of $30.38. The full-salary range for this position is $26.24 per hour to $35.16 per hour.
This position is eligible for overtime and is represented by AFSCME 3580. It is classified as a Program Assistant II descriptions are typically written broadly and do not include the specific duties and responsibilities of the positions.
SCREENING AND EVALUATION
The application packet: The application packet consists of the following documents. Please ensure that you upload these documents in your online application. Make sure your application is complete, missing any part of these items could result in an incomplete application and will not be moved forward in the recruitment.
A completed online application
The selection process: We expect to evaluate candidates for this recruitment as follows. The selection process is subject to change.
Initial review of minimum qualifications
In-depth evaluation of application materials to identify the most qualified candidates
Consideration of top candidates/interviews
Testing/assessments (if applicable)
Background, driving records check for finalist candidate (if applicable)
Recruiter: Lamarkus Gilliard
Email: [email protected]/jobs
To apply for this job please visit www.governmentjobs.com.