I Love Gamay Presents Virtual Gamay Tasting | Free Virtual Tasting, Tasting Packs Available @ SE Wine Collective
The Gamay show must go on! In May, I Love Gamay is bringing you three opportunities to connect and revel with us in the magic of Gamay!
Related Portland Events & Info
- Wine Delivery: Boedecker Cellars and Pappas Wine Co. Are Now Delivering Locally Made Wine to Portland Metro Residents | Pinot Noir Rosé, Pinot Gris, Pinot Noir, Willamette Valley Grown
- Wine Delivery: FREE Portland Wine Delivery w/ Hip Chicks Do Wine | Discounts, Gift Cards, Curbside Pickup
- Wine Delivery: Portland Food & Wine Delivery w/ 45 North Wine Bar & Bistro | Same-Day Delivery
- Games: Remember Game Night? Weird New Game Funds on Kickstarter, From a Portland-based Team
- Trivia: ShanRock’s Triviology On The Video: Live Interactive TeleQuiz! | Play w/ a Team or Solo, Team Members Don’t Have to be in Same Location!
I Love Gamay
May 16, 23, 30, 2020
More info: ilovegamay.com
A selection of wineries from Oregon and France will be featured in a series of virtual tastings via Zoom. Each session will feature 3-4 wineries and their wines, and focus on a different topic around growing and making our favorite grape.
It’s free to tune into each session and we highly recommend that you purchase the wines that will be discussed so you can follow along and discuss with the winemakers. The wines can be purchased from our friends at SE Wine Collective in tasting packs and are available for contactless pick up at the winery in SE Portland or delivery via Fedex. Please note the order cut off times for Fedex shipping as we need 6 business days to ensure delivery in time for your session!
VIRTUAL TASTING #1: ELEVAGE MATTERS
Saturday May 16th, 2020 | 2pm – 3:30pm
Join us for our first I Love Gamay e-tasting, Elevage Matters, where three Oregon winemakers that choose three different methods of ageing (the practice of elevage) will discuss their reasoning for how long and what they age their Gamay wines in.
- Grant Coulter and Renée Saint-Amour, Hundred Suns Winery
- Thomas Monroe, Division Wine Co.
- Scott Wadlow, Sis & Mae Wine Co.
VIRTUAL TASTING #2: GAMAYOLOGY
Saturday, May 23rd, 2020 | 2pm – 3:30pm
The relationship between soils and grape growing is one of the most complex and perplexing conversations in winemaking. The geologic features of where a grape is grown clearly influences characteristics of the wine. Our tasting hosts this week will discuss soil geology from different Oregon soil types and its outsized role within the notion of terroir influence on wines.
- Jerry Sass, Sass Wines (Willamette Valley AVA)
- Thomas Houseman, Anne Amie Vineyards (Chehalem Mountains AVA)
- Brian McCormick, Idiot’s Grace (Columbia Gorge AVA)
- Barbara Gross, Cooper Mountain Vineyards (Chehalem Mountains AVA)
VIRTUAL TASTING #3: OREGON VS FRANCE SMACKDOWN
Saturday, May 30th, 2020 | 2pm – 3:30pm
For our final I Love Gamay e-tasting we are letting loose for an old fashioned Gamay smackdown of Oregon and Beaujolais wines from the 2018 vintage.
- Vincent Fritzsche, Vincent Wine Company
- Matt Berson, Love & Squalor
- Aurélien Fiardet, Terroirs Originels
- Kate Norris, Division Wine Co. / Anne-Sophie Dubois (representing on behalf)
SUNDAY SCHOOL: GAMAY!
Friday, May 29th, 2020 | 6pm – 8pm
Our friends over at Sunday School are also hosting a Gamay class! This will be a whole different experience from the tastings (don’t worry, there will be drinking). Intimate and accessible for all levels of wine knowledge, they’ll introduce you to the full range of Gamay’s temperaments—from fun and flirty to buttoned-up seriousness.
Wine pack also available from SE Wine Collective for this class!
Leave a Comment