2023 Washington Park Summer Festival @ Portland’s International Rose Test Garden Amphitheater | Free, Opera, Live Music, Dancers & More!
The Washington Park Summer Festival returns in 2023 to the Washington Park Amphitheater featuring 3 nights of music, dance, film & performance. Shows start at 6PM.
Related Portland Events & Giveaways
- Festival: Ankeny Alley Festival in Downtown Portland | Luau Celebration, Food, Artists, Entertainment (Aug 11-13)
- Win Tickets ($70): Portland BBQ & Brews @ Washington Monroe Field | Live Music, Craft Beer, Cider, Wine, Spirits, Hot Sauces & more! (Aug 18)
- Win Tickets ($60): Literary Arts Presents An Evening with Ann Patchett, In Conversation with Cheryl Strayed @ Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall | Author of Tom Lake (Sept 7)
- Win Tickets ($40): Teddy Bear Orchestra @ Mission Theater | Featuring Herr Konductor Directing a Beary Excellent Band (Sept 29)
- Win Tickets ($100): Great Columbia Crossing 2023 | 10K Run/Walk, See the Astoria-Megler Bridge from a Whole New Perspective (Oct 8)
The Washington Park Summer Festival
August 11-13, 2023
Shows start at 6PM
Free | All Ages
More info: portland.gov
Rose Garden Amphitheater
410 SW Kingston Avenue
Portland Parks & Recreation (PP&R) is proud to announce the return of the beloved Washington Park Summer Festival, featuring world-class performances at the gorgeous Rose Garden Amphitheater in Washington Park. The festival is part of the bureau’s Summer Free For All program, which offers free cultural events and the Free Lunch + Play series in Portland parks all summer long.
Washington Park Summer Festival Lineup
- Friday, August 11, 6pm: Dance at Washington Park! This year, enjoy a new performances by NW Dance Project and Mexican folk dance troupe Ballet Papalotl (Papalotl means “butterfly” in Nahuatl, the language of the Aztec people) with a live mariachi band. Also, enjoy an interactive dance class with Dance Church.
- Saturday, August 12, 6pm: Portland Cello Project presents “Purple Reign: The Music of Prince.” The Pacific Northwest’s premiere alt-classical ensemble turns the evening purple, blending their deep textures with the unique harmonic landscape of the artistic power of Prince. Joined by musicians who have worked with Prince, expect a lively evening of diverse music that influenced, or was influenced by, The Purple One.
- Sunday, August 13, 6pm: Opera in the Park Portland presents Verdi’s “Rigoletto” featuring baritone Luis Ledesma and soprano Aubry Ballaro, with Maestro Keith Clark conducting a full chorus and orchestra.