Ring in 2024 in Portland With Free TriMet Rides on New Year’s Eve | Bus, Max, Streetcar
TriMet is bringing back free rides on New Year’s Eve in partnership with the Oregon Department of Transportation. Ride MAX, buses and Portland Streetcar for free after 8 p.m. on New Year’s Eve!
And with special extended late-night MAX service, you can get to the celebration — and home again — the safe and smart way.
Related Portland New Year’s Eve Events & Info
- Party: Famous New Year’s Eve Party Champagne Ball @ Portland Art Museum | Live Music w/ Rockit Radio, DJ O.G. One, DJ Doc Rock, 12 Bars, 3 Dance Floors & More!
- Party: New Year’s Eve Celebration @ McMenamins Kennedy School in NE Portland | Live Music Starts at 9PM, Champagne Toast, Balloon Drop, Outer Orbit featuring Arietta Ward, Lost Ox
- Party: Rage at the Rose New Years Eve @ Alberta Rose Theater in NE Portland | 10PM, Featuring The Saloon Ensemble w/ Cat’s Meow Burlesque and Kris Deelane & The Hurt
- Party: The Grand Exhale New Year’s Eve Gala @ Alberta Abbey in NE Portland | 8PM, Featuring NIK WEST with DJs TAKIMBA and SUNSEI
- Party: New Year’s Eve Celebration @ McMenamins Edgefield | Live Music Starts at 7PM, Champagne Toast, Balloon Drop, My Siamese Twin, Cedar Teeth & More!
From press release:
Ring in 2024 with free rides on New Year’s Eve
December 31, 2023-January 1, 2024
More info: trimet.org
Ride free starting at 8 p.m.
Hop on any TriMet bus, MAX or Portland Streetcar after 8 p.m. — no need to tap your Hop card or buy a ticket at the station. (Transfers are free, too!)
MAX Lines run past 2 a.m.
- MAX will provide extended service, running approximately every 30 minutes.
- MAX Blue Line will operate about three hours later than usual for Sunday service, with the last westbound train leaving the Cleveland Ave MAX Station at 1:57 a.m. and the last eastbound train leaving the Hatfield Government Center MAX Station at 1:31 a.m.
- MAX Green Line will operate about two hours later than usual, with the last westbound train leaving the Clackamas Town Center Transit Center at 2:12 a.m. and the last eastbound train leaving the Pioneer Courthouse/SW 6th Ave MAX Station at 2:18 a.m.
- MAX Orange Line will also operate about two hours later than usual, with the last northbound train leaving the SE Park Ave MAX Station at 1:56 a.m. and the last southbound train leaving the Pioneer Place/SW 5th Ave MAX Station at 2:02 a.m.
- MAX Red Line will operate about an hour and a half later than usual, with the last westbound train leaving the Portland International Airport MAX Station at 1:56 a.m. and the last eastbound train leaving the Beaverton Transit Center at 12:20 a.m.
- MAX Yellow Line will also operate about two hours later than usual, with the last northbound train leaving the Pioneer Courthouse/SW 6th Ave MAX Station at 2:27 a.m. and the last southbound train leaving the Expo Center MAX Station at 1:32 a.m.
Service on New Year’s Day
On January 1, buses, MAX and Portland Streetcar will run on Sunday schedules. WES Commuter Rail will not be in service. The call center and the Customer Support Center at Pioneer Courthouse Square will be closed.