Ring in 2023 in Portland With Free TriMet Rides on New Year’s Eve | Bus, Max, Streetcar
TriMet is bringing back free rides on New Year’s Eve in partnership with the Oregon Department of Transportation. Ride MAX, buses and Portland Streetcar for free after 8 p.m. on New Year’s Eve!
And with special extended late-night MAX service, you can get to the celebration — and home again — the safe and smart way.
Related Portland New Year’s Eve Events & Info
- Music: Brandi Carlile’s New Year’s Eve Party @ Moda Center | Grammy Winner, w/ KT Tunstall (Dec 31)
- Party: The EYE BALL! A New Year’s Eve Surrealist’s Dance Party @ Polaris Hall in NE Portland | Champagne Toast, w/ Sun Atoms, DJs Rescue & Gregarious (Dec 31)
- Live Music: McMenamins New Year’s Eve 2023 Celebrations in Portland | Live Music, Free Shows, Lodging Specials & More! (Dec 31)
- Party: Champagne Ball New Year’s Eve Celebration @ Portland Art Museum | Live Music w/ Hit Machine, 14 Bars, 2 Ballrooms, Black Tie, DJs, Llamas & More (Dec 31)
- Party: The Bridgetown Boogie New Year’s Eve @ Aladdin Theater | 9PM, Featuring Polyrhythmics with special guest: Adryon de León (Dec 31)
From press release:
Ring in 2023 with free rides on New Year’s Eve
December 31, 2022-January 1, 2023
More info: trimet.org
Ride free starting at 8 p.m.
Hop on any TriMet bus, MAX or Portland Streetcar after 8 p.m. — no need to tap your Hop card or buy a ticket at the station. (Transfers are free, too!)
Most MAX Lines run until 2 a.m.
MAX Blue, Green, Orange and Yellow lines will provide extended service, running approximately every 30 minutes. MAX Red Line trains will run on weekday schedules with the last train leaving from Pioneer Square South to PDX at 12:42 a.m. Shuttle buses carrying riders between Gateway Transit Center and Portland International Airport will run after train service ends as needed and until approximately 3:30 a.m.
Service on New Year’s Day
On January 1, buses, MAX and Portland Streetcar will run on Sunday schedules. WES Commuter Rail will not be in service. The call center and the Customer Support Center at Pioneer Courthouse Square will be closed.