Portland in the News: The Story Behind that Iconic Bridge Photo; Masks Now Required; Darcelle XV Nominated for Historic Register | June 25, 2020
Starting this week, face masks are required in 7 Oregon counties: Multnomah, Washington, Clackamas, Marion, Polk, Hood River and Lincoln.
PBOT has issues nearly 200 permits to expand table service outside to help struggling businesses across the city.
And if you’re thinking of going camping this summer, better plan ahead as many sites are booking up fast!
Here’s a roundup of the goings-on in Portland this week:
- Portland Monthly: Going Camping in Oregon in the COVID Era? Plan Ahead.
- Oregonian: ‘The world needs to see this.’ The story behind the iconic photo of the Burnside Bridge protest in Portland
- Thrillist: 30 Beers That Changed America
- Portland Monthly: “The Whole System Came Down. Let’s Fix Everything.
- Stumptown Footy: Timbers Army- A Story of Perseverance, Passion, and Protest
- Oregonian: Coronavirus in Oregon: What you need to know about wearing masks to slow a resurgence of COVID-19
- Washington Post: Electric-blue ‘noctilucent’ clouds blaze over parts of U.S., Europe
- The New Yorker: Can the NBA Exist in a Bubble?
Get Portland News delivered every Thursday! Subscribe to our newsletter here.