Portland in the News: We Can’t See Them, the Swifts Are Back; Improving Indoor Air Quality; Haunted Places in Oregon & More! | September 16, 2020
As giant fires burn large paths through parts of Oregon, community aid groups are banding together to help refugees.
Thousands of unemployed Oregonians are eligible for $300 weekly bonuses.
And although though we can’t go see them, the Vaux’s swifts are still roosting in the chimney at Chapman Elementary School by the thousands.
Here’s a roundup of the goings-on in Portland this week:
- YouTube: Haunted Places in Portland, Oregon
- Portland Monthly: Not All Is Lost: The Vaux Swifts Are Still Roosting In Portland
- Oregonian: Margaret Atwood, Isabel Wilkerson, Jess Walter among authors appearing in 2020 Portland Book Festival
- Oregon Arts Watch: Reckoning, and walking, with Portland’s past
- Oregonian: Thousands of Oregonians are eligible for $300 weekly unemployment bonuses; here’s what to do
Get Portland News delivered every Thursday! Subscribe to our newsletter here.