Montavilla Farmers Market Guidelines & Info | Opens May 3, Tips for a Safe Shopping Experience
Find fresh local produce, baked goods, sustainably raised meats and eggs, flowers, plant starts, and specialty foods from the friendliest vendors in town at Montavilla Farmers Market!
Related Portland Events & Info
- Farmers Market: People’s Food Co-op Farmers Market is Open Wednesdays in SE Portland
- Oregon Zoo: The Oregon Zoo Needs Your Support! | Keep Operations Active w/ Donation to Emergency Recovery Fund
- Garden: Spring is Still On – Portland Nursery is Now Open! | Get Your Garden Ready for Summer Safely, Seeds, Plants & More!
- Grocery: Order Online From Green Zebra Grocery | Same-Day Delivery, Pickup, Local Produce
- Farmers Market: Portland Farmers Market 2020 Market Schedule & Info | King, Shemanski Park, Kenton, Lents International, PSU
Montavilla Farmers Market Guidelines
Sundays May through October
10am – 2 pm
More info: montavillamarket.org
Montavilla Farmers Market
7700 block of SE Stark Street, Portland
The State of Oregon considers farmers markets essential grocery providers. As such, we plan to remain open to serve our community — every Sunday, May through October — unless otherwise directed by officials. But it will not be business as usual! Here is a guide to shopping at MFM during the time of COVID-19:
- No green credit/debit market tokens will be sold. (You may use ones left over from past markets.) Most vendors accept credit/debit cards. Simplicity Gardens / Denison Farm (in same stall) and Henry Higgins Boiled Bagels will only be taking cash or checks. Please come prepared, as there will not be an ATM on site.
- SNAP/EBT tokens will be available at the Info Booth. We proudly accept SNAP, and offer Double Up Food Bucks (a dollar-for-dollar SNAP match up to $10) to get even more fresh food to those members of our community who need it most.
- Send only 1 household member to shop, if possible.
- Shop efficiently. Bring a list, do not chat with vendors, shop and go home.
- Don’t touch. Point, and let vendors serve you.
- No dogs — only service animals allowed.
- No eating. All hot or prepared food or drinks must be taken to go.
- There will be one entrance and one exit. These will be on Stark Street. To enter the market, please line up to the west.
- Stand 6 feet away from others at all times.
- Wear a face mask or covering. Our vendors will wear masks to protect you — please wear a mask to protect them too. (Individuals with medical conditions aggravated by face covering are exempt.) If lack of a face covering prevents you from coming to the market, please contact me (email below).
- 10-10:30 AM is reserved for immunocompromised shoppers.
Farmers markets are an integral part of the local food system and the local economy, and we all need to eat! We will be working hard to follow strict safety protocols; we ask our dear shoppers to do the same. Let’s work together to protect our wonderful Montavilla community!
We thank you for your support in creating a safe and healthy environment for our 2020 season!