Technical Coordinator 2
Website NW Natural
At NW Natural, we offer more than rewarding career opportunities and a vibrant, inclusive work culture. We invite you to join us in providing safe and reliable utility services and renewable energy to better the lives of the communities we serve. Our vision is to be the leader in service excellence, innovation and environmental stewardship for our customers, while building on our strengths as a trusted energy provider and environmental leader for our industry.
In addition to environmental stewardship, We’re also deeply committed to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at NW Natural. Our DEI Council started 21 years ago, and today we continue to foster a culture where all employees can experience a sense of belonging, shared purpose and possibility.
Performs a variety of specialized technical administrative activities using established practices with minimal supervisory direction.
General Essential Functions:
- Coordinates, tracks, generates, and/or monitors a variety of departmental activities of a technical and specialized nature.
- Completes and processes more complex and detailed documentation.
- Communicates with internal and external customers to answer questions, provide information, understand needs, clarify process, obtain information, and discuss problems and possible solutions.
- Research and maintain records, data bases and technical information.
- Prepares reports, ensures accuracy and compliance.
- Maintains knowledge of the operation and maintenance of departmental processes and systems. Coordinates system activities. Identifies problems and assists with possible solutions.
- Performs other tasks as required, including those in lower levels as referenced in the CBA, with training as needed.
- Acts and communicates in a professional, respectful, and cooperative manner in connection with all activities associated with NW Natural.
- Follows supervisory instructions and is flexible and adaptable to changing conditions and expectations.
- Maintains punctual, regular, and reliable attendance.
- Demonstrates the Company’s core values and complies with all Company policies and procedures.
Day to Day:
- Maintain records for pipe and system inspections in accordance with Federal DOT, OPUC and WUTC codes and regulations.
- Prepares and tracks work packets for service/main installations, repairs, replacements, or abandonment. Monitors work packets through permitting process.
- Utilize SAP, Clevest, CIS, IQGEO and other Mapping or Software Systems to create and monitor work.
- Determine and execute inspection schedules for assets, read plats and asbuilts, and create inspection work/service orders to meet all Federal and State compliance dates.
- Research records, generates work orders, and validates information.
- Monitor completed inspections and work.
- Perform auditing functions. Identify and create follow up inspection as needed.
- Work with field personnel to resolve discrepancies or create work orders to resolve issues as needed.
- Effectively obtain necessary permits for construction work.
- Originates and coordinates pre-planning of work orders and processes. Compiles, verifies, and enters data into system.
- Provides customers, contractors, counties, cities, and other utilities with detailed and accurate information. Identifies and assists in resolving problems, addresses complaints, and collects payments when necessary.
- Completes routine auditing of work.
- Creates routine reports and queries.
- Completes special projects.
Come on your first day with:
- Advanced math and reading skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of piping systems and system replacements is preferred.
- Ability to access, input, and retrieve information from a computer.
- Typing at 35 wpm.
- Data entry skills of 6,000 kph with 90% accuracy.
- Knowledge of the Company’s organization, inter-relationships, policies, procedures, processes, and department/work specific requirements is preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively with employees and customers to answer questions or resolve issues with tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to multitask, detail oriented and accurate, and ability to prioritize.
- Ability to deal with sensitive information in a confidential manner.
- Ability to concentrate on tasks, apply procedures in sequence, make decisions with limited information, and work in a structured team environment.
- Ability to establish priorities, balance multiple assignments, work with strict deadlines and adapt to changing priorities.
- Solid communication and problem-solving skills.
- Sustained sitting for 6-8 hours per day, hand/finger dexterity and grasping ability.
- Practical knowledge of engineering records, policies, procedures, and standards or equivalent.
- Practical knowledge of accounting terminology for cost recovery is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to understand, read and apply information from maps, drafting specifications, and engineering drawings/sketches.
- Knowledge of engineering, marketing, construction and gas terminology is preferred.
- Knowledge of customer service operations; ability to effectively handle complaints and emergency situations.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate and perform detailed processes requiring specialized knowledge.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively research documents and maintain technical information.
- Intermediate skill in mapping systems, word processing, spreadsheet, adobe software, SAP, and SharePoint or equivalent.
- Demonstrated ability to multitask, detail oriented and accurate, and able to prioritize.
- Effectively work with government agencies to acquire permits and information.
- Subject to random drug testing.
Qualification Period: 6 months
What we offer:
Health & Wellness –
- Rich health insurance benefits with competitive employer contribution
- Free access to an online wellness resources platform
Work Life Balance –
- Start with 16 PTO Days (Amount varies based on accrued work hours)
- 10 paid holidays and 3 floating holidays
- 3 weeks paid parental leave
- Green Team / Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Council / Safety Team / Women’s Network and many other Employee Resource Groups
- Numerous volunteer and community engagement opportunities
- Competitive 401K company contribution and match
- 15% discount on NW Natural stock through Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Up to $5250 a year in tuition reimbursement
- Wellness incentive program
- 20% off natural gas service
- Up to 30% discount at NW Natural Appliance Center
- TriMet Pass for all HQ employees
- Generous discounts with Verizon & AT&T Wireless
Hourly Rate: $32.75
Application Process: To be considered for this position, submit a complete electronic application
Disclosure: We are a drug free workplace and we comply with Federal Drug Free Workplace Act and Department of Transportation regulations. Pre-employment drug tests are part of the hiring process and apply to all positions..
NW Natural is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and embrace our candidates’ diversity and take affirmative action to employ and advance individuals without discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, pregnancy (including childbirth or related medical conditions), national origin, marital status, genetic information, and all other legally protected characteristics. We forbid discrimination and harassment in the workplace based on any protected status or characteristic. A criminal history is not an automatic bar to employment with NW Natural. Instead, we make individualized assessments regarding qualifications and backgrounds. NW Natural is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities, individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation as part of the application process, please contact us at [email protected] or (971) 979-6341.
NW Natural does not accept unsolicited submissions or assistance from search firms for posted positions. Resumes submitted by search firms working under a valid and current written contract with NW Natural valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from NW Natural HR/Employment will be deemed the sole property of NW Natural. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by NW Natural as a result of the referral or through other means.
To apply for this job please visit careers.nwnatural.com.