Security/Host – Rams Head
The job duties described below are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of this position. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Description of the Position:
The Host/Food runner duties include but are not limited to; greeting and seating customers in a high volume environment, answering phones, directing customers to assigned or preferred seating, answering guest’s questions regarding the pub or property and expediting and delivering food from the kitchen to patrons in a timely manner. This position may also be required to help, clear, clean and set tables. As well as monitoring guest behavior & deescalating confrontational situations, being aware of unwelcomed guest who create an ill at ease presence inside or outside of the pub and being able to move them on in a manner that is nonconfrontational and subtle. In addition they may restock supplies, perform general cleaning, work outside on a seasonal basis, work in smoking and non-smoking environments and most importantly maintain and provide excellent customer relations with all patrons. This position requires mental agility and the ability to effectively multi-task in a fast paced and deadline oriented environment. A host/food runner must have the ability to work well independently and also as a member of a team. Each employee will be expected to perform their job in a safe manner and report any safety concerns to Management. All McMenamin employees will also be expected to keep current on all company events, history, and products. Other duties as assigned by the Manager on duty.
Requirements of the Job:
• Previous customer service experience preferred
• Obtain and maintain current food handlers card
• Current DPSST certification
• Flexible schedule including days, evenings, weekends and holidays
• Ability to remain calm and focused in a high volume, deadline oriented work environment
Essential Functions of the Job:
• Provide excellent customer service in a high volume environment
• Safely lift and carry heavy objects with a hand truck or the help of another person if necessary
• Must have a value for diversity and the ability to work with individuals from different backgrounds
• Work for long periods on feet including frequent walking, stair climbing and working outdoors in varied weather conditions as necessary
• Perform repetitive movement such as pushing, pulling, bending, some twisting and stooping
• Perform fine hand manipulation including handling small and large objects, computer keyboard usage & writing
• Ability to communicate clearly and be positive, polite, and cooperative with co-workers, managers, vendors and customers
• Work around sharp objects when bussing and clearing tables including knives
• Work with chemicals used in cleaning and sanitizing
• Complete side work as directed by manager
Most importantly, this job requires a positive attitude, a value for diversity, and a commitment to excellent customer service. Each employee is expected to come to work ready to have fun and be a positive force.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting2.ultipro.com.