Full Stack Web Developer
Title: Full Stack Web Developer (permanent, full time)
Work authorization: United States or Canada
Office locations: Portland, OR; Vancouver, BC
Work-from-home jurisdictions: Illinois, New York, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, and Virginia; if position offered, applicant must reside in a work-from-home jurisdiction by start date
Salary: Portland, OR – $93,732 USD; Vancouver, BC – $107,820 CAD; work-from-home jurisdiction salary adjusted for local cost of living
- Health, dental, vision
- 401k/RRSP with 3% company contribution
- 20 days annual PTO + 5 floating holidays
- 12 weeks paid parental leave (US); up to 75 weeks paid parental leave (Canada)
- Flexible schedule
- Gainshare/bonus opportunities
- Paid volunteer time
- Annual professional development budget
- Annual office/productivity budget
You will be responsible for writing clean, semantic, well-commented code to power websites and newsletters, make WordPress do amazing things, and build efficient interactions. The individual in this position will work closely with other developers, project managers, and strategists on a variety of projects, large and small; get involved with projects early on to contribute to strategy and technical planning; help expand our codebase and tools; participate in code reviews; and help lead the direction of the Dev Ops team.
- Designing and implementing new custom features and functionality
- Establishing and guiding the website’s architecture and long-term viability
- Working with our hosting company to ensure high-performance and availability and managing all technical aspects of the CMS
- Executing all stages of the software lifecycle – our engineers participate in gathering requirements, concepting, modeling, creating wireframes and mockups, prototyping and creating proof-of-concept, building, testing, iterating, and deploying new features
- Developing, maintaining, and performing quality assurance testing for various marketing and transactional Newsletter sends
- Troubleshooting and investigating system anomalies, including diagnosing server errors, transaction errors, feed errors, user errors, missing content
- Performing cross-browser testing, including all common modern browsers, devices, and platforms for both websites and newsletters
- Overseeing and maintaining development, staging and production environments
- Documenting and developing new processes
- Developing and maintaining custom metrics for page- and event-driven reporting
Requirements and Qualifications:
- High school degree or equivalent.
- Proficiency with writing & customizing WordPress themes and plugins, and general familiarity with hooks, filters, queries, custom post types, and taxonomies
- Proficiency with developing systems that communicate with RESTful APIs, and general familiarity with reading and customizing JSON feed content
- Experience building user interfaces for websites and/or web applications
- Knowledge and Experience in Responsive Web Design (RWD) and Single Page Application (SPA)
- Experience with creating, testing, and maintaining marketing and transactional newsletters
- Ability to convert comprehensive layout and wireframes into working HTML pages
- Strong understanding of WordPress and PHP back-end development
- Ability to problem-solve independently and provide potential solutions
- Ability to clearly communicate and identify potential bottlenecks in tasks and projects ahead of schedule
- Basic understanding of SEO best practices and concepts
Employees must demonstrate the company’s values as stated in our mission statement, and contribute to the company in a collaborative and open-minded manner. Candidates must also have the ability to give and receive candid feedback, practice flexibility and adaptability as company processes evolve, and exhibit resourcefulness and problem-solving skills.
Employees must demonstrate a commitment to learning, amplifying, and investing in our core values of social justice, feminism, & inclusivity.
We are an open-book management organization and require experience or willingness to:
- Work in a collaborative, cross-departmental setting
- Report on (and help establish) KPIs
- Ask questions and ask for help when needed
- Take ownership of your role in the success of the organization
Applications accepted through March 31, 2023.
To apply for this job please visit riotnewmedia.com.