Project Manager – Heavy Civil / Utility Construction
Website Hodge Western Corp
What drives you to do your best? At Hodge Western Corp, we want to give you the opportunity to work on projects that have a real impact on our country and to our world. Whether it’s powering cities with renewable energy, connecting underserved areas with fiber for high-speed internet, or bringing fresh water to communities in need – we lead the way when it comes to safety and technology-driven utility construction. Operating for nearly 20 years, Hodge Western Corp specializes in underground utility placement, horizontal directional drilling, and rock trenching. We operate primarily in the western, southern, and midwestern United States, and we are growing rapidly to serve a nationwide footprint.
WHO YOU ARE:
We are looking for a Project Manager with a background in Civil and/or Utility Construction. More importantly – we are looking for someone eager to learn, who has a flexible mind, is highly organized, doesn’t mind occasionally long hours or weekend work, and is excited by the prospect of traveling the country. We foster a fast-paced culture of safety, equality, and growth opportunity, and a successful candidate will understand that this position requires a high level of hard work and dedication to team success.
THIS IS A 50-75% TRAVEL POSITION.
The Project Manager is responsible for safe and profitable execution of project scopes within contract specifications. Our PM’s are also responsible for customer and (more broadly) stakeholder management. They will be able to envision creative solutions to uncommon problems as well as collect, model, and draw conclusions from data generated at each activity in a project. This position is a great opportunity for someone who wants push themselves creatively in a highly visible position and be rewarded for their success. This position is based at our main office in Prineville, OR.
DESCRIPTION OF TASKS (Including, but not limited to):
- PRE-PROJECT PLANNING – Manage the transition from estimating and contract review to project kickoff. This includes accurate, thorough and timely quantity takeoffs using company format for all levels of project documents (schematic, design development, construction documents). The PM will also develop and manage schedules, crew lists, budgets and production goals for the project, as well as develop strategy for timely project completion.
- PROJECT EXECUTION AND OVERSIGHT
- Safety Management: Drive a culture of safety and accountability above all else
- Quality Management: Set and enforce standards for quality both during the project and in providing a finished product
- Production Management: Plan and oversee personnel and work activities in accordance with project schedule and goals determined during bidding and project outset.
- STAKEHOLDER MANAGEMENT - Maintain professional relations with internal and external stakeholders. Be proactive in addressing stakeholder concerns and communicating issues up the chain of command. This includes understanding of contracts, plans documents, and change order requests.
- PROJECT CLOSEOUT – Understand the requirements for project completion and drive sign off by customer and other stakeholders. Write after action reports and lessons learned documents, as well as coordinate mobilization to other/next projects.
- Able to translate engineering designs into clear and actionable goals
- Approach conflict with open mind
- Make decisions based on imperfect information
- Comfortable asking questions when unsure
- Passion for rejecting the status quo
- Solicit and analyze subcontractor/vendor pricing and input when required
- Accurately develop unit costs from bid documents
- Understands the principals and concepts of PMP and Lean Six Sigma, even if no certification
- Performs technical plan and schedule principals
- Exceptional creative problem solving
- Constantly strives to improve individual capabilities, performance and expand knowledge of construction technologies and techniques.
- Understanding of construction GPS techniques
- 4+ years of Project Management or similar roles
- Preferred: Proficiency with HCSS software suite, CAD, and construction GPS software, MS Office suite, MS Project
- Experience in heavy civil construction, utility scale renewable energy, and/or underground utilities
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to pass a pre-employment drug test
- Preferred: PMP Certification
- Preferred: Bachelors Degree (or better) in Engineering, Project Management, Construction Management, Mining Management, Business, or equivalent
Compensation and Benefits
- Salary: TBD
- Discretionary bonus potential based on company performance and individual contribution to success
- Monthly $50 phone allowance or company phone
- Comprehensive Medical Insurance plans 100% paid for you and your family
- Additional voluntary insurance options include: Dental, Vision, and a variety of Supplemental insurances.
- Flexible Paid Time Off and Sick Time
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Simple IRA with 3% employer match
- Relocation reimbursement negotiable
To apply for this job please visit hodge-western-corp.prismhr-hire.com.