Website Merchants Exchange
Are you highly organized?
Do you enjoy managing multiple calendars, schedules and priorities?
If so, Merchants Exchange is looking for you! We have an opportunity for an experienced, proactive Executive Assistant to provide day-to-day administrative support to our Executive Director.
In this position, you will not only assist the Executive Director, but also provide office management support. This position actively contributes to the day-to-day operational success and financial well-being of the organization through support of our members and client associations, projects, programs, policies and procedures.
So who are we? We are the Merchants Exchange, a 140-year-old organization that plays a pivotal role in the Columbia River Maritime Industry. We are a small team located in downtown Portland, working together to provide exceptional services to our members.
This role may be an ideal match if you are meticulous, have the ability to anticipate needs, and are capable of managing multiple priorities in an ever-changing environment. Strong writing skills are also important as you will prepare Board of Director packets and related correspondence. You will also juggle a variety of responsibilities and deadlines, so strong time management skills are essential.
Other job duties include:
- Providing administrative support to the Board of Directors which includes, coordinating, scheduling and attending all Board of Directors meetings and committee meetings. You will also organize Board of Directors special events and retreats.
- Acting as a project coordinator for special projects, which may include presentations or workshops, disseminating information, Strategic Planning Action Initiatives, etc.
- Leading recruitment and managing the onboarding & offboarding program.
- Creating or editing documents, presentations, publications, and reports which includes the annual reports, newsletters, agendas, meeting packets, general correspondence and other publications for internal and external communications.
- Overseeing planning and successful execution of organizational events.
This position requires a minimum of 2 years of executive level support experience in an office environment. Advanced skills using Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is necessary to be successful.
The Executive Assistant position is full time and works on-site in our office, Monday-Friday. This position is non-exempt with a starting pay range of $27.00-$30.00 per hour depending on experience. You are also eligible for medical, vision, and dental insurance, a flexible spending account, long-term disability, life insurance, and 401(k) plan with an employer contribution. Other benefits include sick leave, vacation, and paid holidays.
If you are looking for a great position that allows you to collaborate with a small team, consider joining us! Please submit a brief letter about yourself and resume to Trudy Hylemon, [email protected]. This position is open until filled.
To be considered for the initial review, please send your complete materials by 12:00pm (PST) on Friday, Feb. 16th.
Merchants Exchange is an equal opportunity employer. Cascade Employers is assisting with this recruitment.