Director of Fundraising
Website Impact NW
Impact NW is seeking a Director of Fundraising to help build on its success in raising private donations to support homelessness prevention. The Director of Fundraising will play a key role in helping Impact NW advance its fundraising activities, according to an exciting strategic vision. The Director will oversee all fundraising operations, including our successful campaigns and events, and manage the development staff. Working closely with the Director of Development & Advocacy, the Director will also lead external communications and donor stewardship. The ideal candidate will not only have knowledge and experience with fundraising, events and communications, but the ability to build relationships inside and outside the organization. Highly valued is flexibility, creativity and the ability to work with people from a variety of ethnic and cultural backgrounds. The ideal candidate will also be strategic, a great writer and communicator and a superb project manager. Most of all, we seek a candidate whose passion for our mission energizes donors and colleagues.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Implements the annual fundraising plan with foundations, businesses and individuals.
- Leads all fundraising events, campaigns and initiatives, highlighted by the end-of-year campaign and spring annual event.
- Leads all donor communications, including email, social, web and print, from production to analysis, to ensure for a robust donor experience.
- Organizes donor cultivation and data management to build relationships and connections to Impact NW.
- Oversees the grants process, coordinating a portfolio of funders and contract grant writers.
- Selects, trains, supervises, motivates and evaluates the Communications Coordinator and
- Grant Writer positions in compliance with the organization’s policies and procedures.
- Works collaboratively with program staff members and Directors to create a culturally-responsive and anti-racist workplace.
- Effectively communicates agency policy, mission, values and decisions to program staff, volunteers, collaborating organizations, supporters, and the community.
- Manages and implements additional development responsibilities and tasks as assigned.
Reports to: Director of Development and Advocacy
Supervises: Communications Coordinator, Grant Writer
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- 3+ years of successful experience in managing a variety of development activities, including donor cultivation
and solicitation, communications, campaigns and events
- Experience supervising and motivating staff, including responsibility for hiring decisions.
- If no experience, a willingness to take part in leadership development training.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills as represented in proposal and report writing, public speaking,
and effective team building
- Superb organizational skills with an ability to prioritize multiple and varied tasks
- Excellent project management skills
- Demonstrated ability to work with a racially- and ethnically-diverse community of donors, staff and volunteers
- Willingness to sign Impact NW’s anti-discrimination statement
- Bilingual and cross-cultural knowledge and skills highly valued
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Excellent computing skills required, including the Microsoft suite and donor databases.
THIS JOB ALSO REQUIRES THE FOLLOWING PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES:
- Repetitive motion, prolonged sitting, and extensive visual involvement
- Ability to efficiently travel in order to perform duties and other agency related errands
- Moderate lifting