People and Culture Generalist
Website Impact NW
Impact NW prevents homelessness for 30,000 people a year in the Portland, Oregon region. Walking alongside the people it serves, Impact NW both stabilizes and strengthens lives while creating opportunity, especially for Indigenous, Black, Brown, Melanated, Immigrant, Asian and people from all ages and abilities. We believe in the fundamental right to a beautiful life and are guided by our strong values: Put people first; See the beauty in people; Promote peace; Find a way. At Impact, we provide rewarding employee experience for people who share our vision of housing as a human right. We’d love to have your purpose and passion on our team.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a high-functioning team at Impact NW that creates a positive and supportive work environment for all employees, especially those who have been historically marginalized by systems and societies. The People and Culture team works together to make Impact NW a great place to work and to ensure our process and policies are inclusive to all and meet the needs of our employees.
Responsible for overseeing the entire recruitment process, the People and Culture Generalist plays an integral part in helping the organization create a supportive and inclusive culture by ensuring employees have a positive experience from the moment they apply to a position at Impact NW until they exit the organization. Through various forms of feedback, the People and Culture Generalist will develop equitable recruiting and onboarding processes to help attract diverse talents and retain current employees. The ideal candidate for this position understands Equity, Diversity and Inclusion and the role DEI plays in the recruiting process, has strong analytical skills, and believes in our mission of preventing homelessness and shares our equity and anti-discrimination values. This is a hybrid position working 2 days in office and 3 days from home.
Job Title: People and Culture Generalist I
Wage: 53,000-55,000.00 per year, DOE
Classification: HR Generalist I
Position Type: 1.0 FTE, 40 hours per week
Location: Various locations in Portland
Essential Job Responsibilities:
Recruitment & onboarding process:
- Be the main point of contact for hiring managers, applicants and new hires with questions about the recruiting and hiring process.
- Post positions internally and externally.
- Organize monthly Meet and Greets with applicants and prospective employees.
- Coordinate the onboarding process for new hires and interns; process background checks,
- I-9, and E Verify. Create employees files and coordinate communication with new hires and supervisors regarding the onboarding process.
- Administrate programs volunteers and independent contractors process.
- Organize our seasonal new employee cohorts as a means to introduce new hires to the organization.
- Coordinate yearly reporting for EEO compliance.
- Assist with other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Project Planning & Implementation:
- Job Description Project; partner with managers to review Impact’s job descriptions to ensure equity and compliance.
- Applicant Engagement Project; create initiatives to enhance the organization’s career website and to make the application process more efficient.
- Applicant Tracking Project; organize and maintain the Applicant Tracking in our HRIS system from position management to the requisition process.
- Assist with future projects as assigned by the supervisor.
Feedback & Training:
- Conduct and analyze exit interviews, applicant and new hire feedback to inform initiatives and training needed related to recruiting and onboarding.
- Organize and conduct training for managers regarding best practice recruiting and onboarding processes and policies.
- Assist with other training as assigned by the supervisor.
Requirements and Qualifications
Understanding of Human Resources practices, specifically in equity and inclusion and how these correlate with recruitment and onboarding .
Strong analytical skills and ability to think systematically.
Knowledge of state and federal rules and regulations affecting recruiting and hiring; such EEO, ADA, I-9, E Verify, etc.
Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with employees from different cultures, race, age and abilities.
Proficient with Microsoft and Google suits and HRIS systems.
Strong organization skills; ability to prioritize multiple various tasks, meticulous attention to details and ability to work independently and as part of a diverse team.
No heavy lifting is required for this position.
This position frequently requires seating, typing, holding small objects and talking.
This position occasionally requires standing, reaching, walking, driving and lifting up to 10 lbs.
To apply for this job please visit www.paycomonline.net.