Edgefield Seasonal Brewer
The job duties described below are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of this position. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Description of the Position:
This position will start in June and will potentially end in October/November. In general, every McMenamins Seasonal Brewer will be asked to handle every task associated with brewing beer. These duties include, but are not limited to; Analyzing and monitoring of beer fermentation cycles and other aspects that are critical to the production of beer, maintaining records in a clear, legible and organized fashion, monitoring and forecasting of beer usage. A Seasonal Brewer must be able to control the elements that affect the production of beer (temperature, cleanliness, sanitation, proper storage and handling of hazardous chemicals and compressed gasses, etc), keep tools and equipment functional and well maintained, and be able to use any devices implemented in the production of beer. Being a Seasonal Brewer can be hard physical work and requires mental agility and the ability to effectively multi-task in a fast paced and deadline oriented environment. A Seasonal Brewer must also have the ability to work well independently and as a member of a team. Each employee will be expected to perform their job in a safe manner and report any safety concerns to Management. All McMenamin employees will also be expected to keep current on all company events, history, and products. Other duties are to be completed as assigned by the Brewery Manager and the Manager on Duty.
Requirements of the Job:
- Previous brewing experience or education is preferred • Excellent customer service & communication skills
- A flexible schedule including evenings, weekends and holidays
- Ability to remain calm and focused in a deadline oriented work environment
- Plan actions ahead, multi-task, organize and structure work
- Comply with safety and policy guidelines
Essential Functions of the Job:
- Produce excellent & high quality products for customers to enjoy
- Practice safe lifting techniques – Frequent heavy lifting including the ability to dead lift 170 lbs. multiple times a day
- Must have a value for diversity and the ability to work with individuals from different backgrounds
- Lifting and carry 55 lbs. over distances up to 100 feet as well as lifting 30 lbs. overhead
- Work for long periods on feet including frequent walking and stair climbing
- Perform repetitive movement such as pushing, pulling, bending, some twisting and stooping
- Perform fine hand manipulation including handling small and large objects, writing, and use of brewing equipment, etc.
- Ability to communicate clearly, be positive, polite, and cooperative with co-workers, managers, vendors, and customers
- Work around various heat sources, including gas burners and boiling vats
- Work with and around sharp objects including knives
- Work with chemicals used in the brewing and sanitation process
- Judge and maintain acceptable standards of quality
- Wear protective clothing and safety devices
- Be exposed to grain dust and hop pollen
- Safely work with and around compressed gases including carbon dioxide and nitrogen
- Canning and Bottling beer
Most importantly, this job requires a positive attitude, a value for diversity, and a commitment to excellent customer service. Each employee is expected to come to work ready to have fun and be a positive force.
YOU MUST BE ABLE TO PERFORM THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB WITH OR WITHOUT REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION
To apply for this job please visit recruiting2.ultipro.com.