Edgefield Catering Captain
Description of Position:
The primary responsibility of this position is to effectively run individual catered events. Duties include but are not limited to; setting up, running, and breakdown of events from small business meetings with minimal food to large groups with full meals; setting up tables, chairs, and bars; serving food from fine dining to buffet style; pouring and serving beer, wine, and spirits; waiting on and bussing tables; checking IDs of patrons purchasing alcoholic beverages; coffee and water service; event breakdown; clean-up of the event; resetting event spaces; restocking supplies; washing dishes; general cleaning; attending employee meetings; acting as a shift leader for the regular catering servers on duty for the event; and, most importantly, attending to customer needs and maintaining customer relations. The catering captain must write up and input a customer’s bill, set-up and run audio-visual equipment, trouble-shoot events and function as a resource, professionally handle customer complaints, and communicate pertinent event information to customers, catering department managers, as well as other departments on property. Above all this position requires a positive attitude and dedication to providing excellent customer service. Since this position includes lots of direct contact with customers, catering captains will also need to be available to answer questions and assist customers & guests in whatever way necessary. Being a catering captain can be hard physical work and requires mental agility and the ability to effectively multi-task in a fast paced and deadline oriented environment. Catering captains must also have the ability to work well independently and as a member of a team. Each employee will be expected to perform their job in a safe manner and report any safety concerns to Management. All McMenamin employees will also be expected to keep current on all company events, history, and products. Other duties as assigned by the Manager on duty.
Requirements of the Job:
- Obtain and maintain current food handlers and OLCC liquor license
- Ability to accurately handle cash and work with numbers
- Excellent customer service & communication skills
- Flexible schedule including days, evenings, weekends and holidays
- Working knowledge of all potential function areas of the property and/or location
- Ability to remain calm and focused in a high volume, deadline oriented work environment
Essential Functions of the Job:
- Provide excellent customer service and catered events in a high volume environment
- Safely lift and carry heavy objects with a hand truck or the help of another person if necessary
- Must have a value for diversity and the ability to work with individuals from different backgrounds
- Work for long periods on feet including frequent walking, stair climbing and working outdoors in varied weather conditions as necessary
- Perform repetitive movement such as pushing, pulling, bending, some twisting and stooping
- Perform fine hand manipulation including handling small and large objects, computer keyboard usage, writing, chopping and use of kitchen equipment, etc.
- Ability to communicate clearly
- Be positive, polite, and cooperative with co-workers, managers, vendors, and customers
- Work around various heat sources, including grills, broilers, and hot-oil fryers
- Work with and around sharp objects, including knives & slicers
- Work with chemicals and used in cleaning and sanitizing
Most importantly, this job requires a positive attitude, a value for diversity, and a commitment to excellent customer service. Each employee is expected to come to work ready to have fun and be a positive force.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting2.ultipro.com.