Website Dark Horse Comics, LLC
Dark Horse Comics, LLC is looking to hire an experienced mid-level Jr. Accountant to join our growing team. This is a multi-faceted accounting position created to manage various support functions relating to our three entities; Dark Horse Comics, Dark Horse Entertainment, and Things From Another World. We offer a relaxed environment in the exciting world of comics and publishing and are seeking to hire asap for our growing team.
As a Jr Accountant, your primary responsibilities will include:
- Writing policies and procedures
- Preparation and distribution of Financial management statements and cash reporting
- Year-end 1099 tax reporting
- Review and payment approval release for vendor, artist, and royalty payments
- Monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- The Jr. Accountant will perform other duties, requests, and special projects as needed and as assigned by the Controller
- A degree in Accounting, Finance, or other business-related fields
- The Jr. Accountant will have 2+ years of applied accounting experience.
- Knowledge of GAAP and IFRS
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, multitask and work independently in a time-sensitive environment while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- This person should be organized, self-motivated, and a capable problem solver.
- Strong computer skills and a working knowledge of Mac OS and programs.
- Excel skills/experience required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of balance sheet, P&L, and cash flow statements
- Experience working in the Publishing industry is desired
Salaries will be commensurate based on position level.
We offer a competitive benefits package that includes health insurance, employer match for 401(k), paid time off after 90 days, employer paid life insurance, EAP programs & wellness access (e.g.;Headspace), free comics and more. This is a full-time, 40 hour per week, Monday-Friday on-site position.
Please send your resume for consideration and apply via our application page. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.paylocity.com.