Marketing and Public Relations Manager
Website Cycle Oregon
About the Position
The Marketing and Public Relations Manager is a highly skilled professional with broad based abilities developing and managing projects, personnel, budgets, brand and event marketing/communications, sponsorship, brand growth, and strategic/tactical planning. They have a high level of proficiency in digital marketing and can develop, implement, track, and optimize campaigns across all digital channels. The position will be responsible for promotion across social media networks, Google Ads, websites, and a specific emphasis on email marketing. The Marketing and Public Relations Manager will work collaboratively to manage relationships with new and existing partners.
- Enjoy working in the digital world, from email marketing to social media to e-commerce
- Have demonstrated experience in crafting brand voice and tone, and engaging audiences through storytelling
- Have a strong grasp of current marketing tools and strategies and be able to lead integrated digital marketing campaigns from concept to execution
- Have skills and the desire to design, build, and maintain our social media presence
- Be able to identify trends and insights, and optimize spend and performance based on the insights
- Understand the cycling market and forecast consumer trends as they relate to Cycle Oregon events and projects
- Enjoy developing relationships that support the Cycle Oregon brand and mission
- Be able to identify partnership and sponsorship opportunities and develop strategies to engage them
Essential Job Functions
Marketing & Communications (75%)
- Oversee the planning, development and implementation of digital and traditional marketing campaigns and communications strategies in all owned and paid channels.
- Develop monthly editorial calendar and lead development and implementation of content in social media, Cycle Oregon website, email communications, print and other collateral material
- Analyze and incorporate audience insights, competitive landscape, and best practices into Cycle Oregon marketing and communications efforts.
- Develop and manage annual marketing budget, inclusive of paid media, production, and other professional services.
- Set KPIs for paid and organic efforts and provide regular reporting and recommendations for improvements.
- Lead concept and implement design and production of all Cycle Oregon branded material
- Maintain a solid understanding of Cycle Oregon, its programs and initiatives, history, and goals which support the delivery of the Cycle Oregon brand promise.
Partner and Sponsorship Management (25%)
- Work collaboratively with Cycle Oregon team to identify partner/sponsorship opportunities, solicit and secure corporate sponsors and in-kind donations.
- Manage partner/sponsor pre-engagement activity, including pitch, presentations, and proposals.
- Execute post-agreement activities for sponsorships including deadlines, ensuring agreement conditions are fulfilled, identifying value-added opportunities, and managing sponsor payments or contributions.
- Assist in development efforts that include partner/sponsor special events during events and other occasions according to sponsorship agreements.
Minimum Requirement of at least 5 years professional experience as a marketing or brand manager or comparable role. Candidates should have proficiency in a variety of online platforms (Word Press, MailChimp, CRM platforms), photo and video editing software, and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience and ability to optimize SEO and SEM
- Certifications in Google Ads and other social media certifications are preferred but not required
- Experience and success with sponsor and partner development, and knowledge in the cycling and outdoor industry preferred
- Ability to identify long term trends in data
- Enthusiasm about developing trends in social media
- Previous event experience is desirable
- Capacity to motivate staff and volunteers
- A professional demeanor tailored to meeting deadlines while managing conflicting priorities
- Have excellent written, verbal, and public speaking skills
- Have strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work well with diverse populations
- Have a high degree of integrity and professionalism that garners the trust and respect of others
Salary range: $55,000 – $67,500 DOE
Benefits: per Cycle Oregon policy (PTO, Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k) match and more)
Hours: full time exempt, flexible, evenings, weekend and travel required
Location: Portland or Bend; some hybrid schedule flexibility
Reports to: Executive Director
To Apply: Email resume, cover letter, and three professional references to [email protected] by 5:00 pm on February 17, 2023 with subject line ‘Marketing Manager’
Cycle Oregon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that a diverse staff of qualified, highly skilled, and creative individuals is necessary to achieve our mission. We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who can contribute to the diversity of our workforce across a range of dimensions.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com