Business Systems Analyst
Website Crook County
( Review February 23, 2024)
Compensation for this position will be reviewed by County Court.
We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated Business Systems Analyst to join our dynamic Information Technology team. As a Business Systems Analyst, you will play a key role in bridging the gap between business needs and technological solutions. Reporting directly to the Applications Manager, you will collaborate with cross-functional teams to analyze, design, implement, and maintain business systems and processes.
Essential Job Functions
1. Requirements Gathering and Analysis:
• Collaborate with business stakeholders to understand and document their requirements for new systems or enhancements to existing systems.
• Conduct thorough analysis of business processes to identify areas for improvement and optimization.
2. System Design and Documentation:
• Design and document detailed system specifications, including data flow diagrams, system workflows, and interface specifications.
• Collaborate with development teams to ensure that system design aligns with business requirements.
3. Implementation and Testing:
• Oversee the implementation of new systems or system enhancements, ensuring adherence to design specifications.
• Develop and execute test plans to validate system functionality, performance, and reliability.
4. Change Management:
• Facilitate change management processes, including impact analysis, communication plans, and training programs for end-users.
• Collaborate with stakeholders to ensure smooth transitions during system changes or upgrades.
5. Data Analysis and Reporting:
• Analyze and interpret data to provide insights into business performance and identify opportunities for improvement.
• Develop and maintain reports and dashboards to support data-driven decision-making.
6. Collaboration and Communication:
• Work closely with cross-functional teams, including business units, developers, and quality assurance, to ensure successful project delivery.
• Communicate effectively with stakeholders to provide updates, gather feedback, and address concerns.
• Proven experience as a Business Systems Analyst or in a similar role.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Knowledge of business process modeling, data analysis, and system design principles.
• Familiarity with project management methodologies.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as
computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
• Onsite – Full Time Monday -Friday
• Occasional travel may be required.
Required Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Information Technology, or related field.
Preferred Education and Experience
• Master’s degree in Business Administration or Information Technology.
• Certification in Business Analysis (e.g., CBAP, PMI-PBA).
• Experience with relevant software and tools (e.g., ERP systems, CRM systems, data visualization tools).
Additional Eligibility Requirements
• Able to complete a thorough employment and/or criminal history check.
• Able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug test (not required for all positions).
• Final candidates will be required to provide official proof of college degree and certified transcripts (not required for all positions).
Safety Sensitive Requirements
• This position is not considered to be a safety sensitive position.
• This position is ‘at-will’, and either Crook County or the employee may terminate the relationship at any time with or without cause.
• Crook County is an equal opportunity employer
• Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
To apply for this job please visit crook-county.hiringthing.com.