Assistant Director of Marketing Communications
Website Oregon State University
Summary: The Assistant Director of Marketing Communications works under the supervision of the Director of Marketing to provide day-to-day management and planning of marketing communications to support the college’s strategic priorities, enhance its brand image, and support the recruitment of undergraduate and graduate students.
- Assist in the development and implementation of the college’s marketing and communications plan for recruiting students
- Serve as a brand manager, ensuring visual and message consistency across the college’s subunits
- Provide guidance and direction on individual unit marketing efforts
- Cultivate relationships with the college’s subunits to coordinate efforts that ensure synergistic, comprehensive, and consistent marketing communication activities across all units
- Meet with internal/external clients to determine the scope, resources, and budget estimate for projects
- Determine the plan and execute the tactics in a timely and professional manner with regular contact with the client and, when appropriate, with the Director
- Establish and maintain procedures, coordinate projects to accomplish goals, ensure projects stay on time and within budget, and coordinate the rest of the marketing communications team giving them direction and feedback on creative materials
- Provide leadership, supervision, and direction for assigned staff
The College of Business is committed to maintaining and enhancing its diverse and collaborative community that strives for equity and inclusivity. All faculty and staff members are responsible for helping to ensure that these goals are achieved and should be able to demonstrate contributions to diversity, equity, and inclusion. Such contributions can be part of service and/or professional development. Outputs and impacts of these efforts to promote diversity, equity, and inclusion will be included in annual performance reviews.
50% – Marketing Communications Planning, Management, and Execution
- Develop and implement marketing and communications strategies to recruit prospective students, including:
- Creating and distributing targeted messaging and content that highlights the college’s strengths and unique offerings
- Running social media campaigns and paid advertising campaigns to reach prospective students where they are
- Collaborate with the admissions office to develop and execute recruitment plans.
- Manage the college’s website and social media channels, ensuring that they are up-to-date and engaging for prospective students.
- Create and distribute marketing materials, such as brochures, flyers, and videos, that promote the college to prospective students.
- Work with faculty and staff to develop and produce compelling stories about the college’s research, programs, and students
30% – Brand Management
- Work closely with the Director to implement the college’s marketing communication plan and to manage the college’s overall brand, including visual components and messaging.
- Collaborate with the Director to develop key messages to support the college’s strategic plan and initiatives; develop strategies to target these messages to potential students.
- Develop communications strategies to support and drive the college’s goals and priorities with both external and internal audiences.
- Work with in-house staff to develop creative communications concepts that reinforce the college’s goals and positively influence perceptions about the college with external constituents. Provides direction and review of projects associated with these programs including marketing consultation, establishing goals, and objectives for these units; provides a leadership role in development of strategies and implementation of marketing efforts.
- Establish and maintain close relationships with unit-level staff to leverage collaboration and partnership opportunities for communication efforts and to ensure synergistic, comprehensive, and consistent marketing communication activities across all units to achieve the goals associated with college’s marketing communications plan. Collaborates with unit-level staff to ensure that all marketing communications activities across the college consistently support the college’s brand and image.
- Develop internal communications strategies and implements efforts to build a sense of community, awareness, support, and pride among internal audiences (faculty, staff, students).
15% – Supervision
- Manage classified staff, students, and contracted specialists (e.g. technical writers, editors, graphic artists, digital marketing/SEM). Locates, recruits, and establishes contracts with skilled specialists. Provides supervision and direction for individuals; establishes goals, and communicates job expectations; assigns, reviews, corrects, and accepts work; develops a plan for corrective actions, as needed; and dismisses for inadequate performance.
- Manage office operations. Monitors unit budget; ensures employees have required supplies and equipment to meet their work requirements. Reviews and recommends operating policies and procedures that promote efficient use of unit resources. Promotes high-quality customer service and ensures compliance with university regulations.
5% – Market Research, and Professional Development
- Assist the Director with research, data collection, and implementation of marketing communications best practices to meet the college’s specific goals and priorities.
- Participate in professional development activities to enhance skills related to job duties.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or a related field.
- 5 years of experience in marketing communications.
- 3 years of experience in managing projects for a team.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- 3 years of employee supervision.
- Experience with project management and team leadership.
- Professional experience with digital marketing and social media.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- A demonstrable commitment to promoting and enhancing diversity.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.oregonstate.edu.