Website Applied Archaeological Research, Inc.
Applied Archaeological Research Inc. (AAR) is seeking an Operations Manager to support project work and business operations at our office in Portland OR. This is a multi-faceted role, that would include supporting all elements of the business, including bookkeeping, payroll, technical report editing, project management, technical support, client communication, and other duties as they arise. The ideal candidate is flexible and willing to learn.
This position is a permanent, full-time, hourly position that reports to the Principal Investigator.
- Bookkeeping and accounting using Quickbooks Desktop Pro 2021
- Compiling and reporting payroll, administering employee benefits, and on- and off- boarding employees
- Editing technical reports for grammar and consistency and assembling report PDFs
- Supporting reporting requirements and bulletin-posting for local, state, and federal employment laws and OSHA guidelines
- Tracking ongoing projects and supporting field planning and client communication efforts, booking rental vehicles and lodging for employees
- Managing our citation library in Zotero and troubleshoot issues
- Providing first level tech support helping staff solve minor technical issues before escalating to our tech support contractor
- Answering phones and routing calls from clients and project partners
- Managing office purchasing and general office administration
- Maintaining company website (Squarespace), and other subscription services (Adobe, Office 365, etc.)
- Organize company parties and events
- 3+ years experience with small business bookkeeping, preferably with Quickbooks
- High degree of proficiency with MS Office tools, including Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Self-starter with demonstrated aptitude for learning new skills and task, willingness to take on new projects and challenges
- Experience working in the Cultural Resource Management industry
Compensation and Benefits
- The starting wage is between $25 and $29 depending on experience and qualifications
- Partial subsidized health care plan options through Kaiser Permanente
- 7 paid holidays, including your birthday as a paid flex holiday
- 3 days PTO + 0.034 hours/hour worked PTO accrual
- Eligibility for Flexible Saving Account after 90 days
- Eligibility to participate in 401K plan after 1 year
- Long Term Disability insurance free of charge
Founded in 1996, AAR is a multi-disciplinary cultural resource consulting firm based in Portland, Oregon. AAR has seven full-time and two part-time staff members and is mid-size among local Cultural Resource Management firms. AAR specializes in the archaeology of Pacific Northwest and adjoining regions and has successfully completed over 2,600 projects that have ranged from small-scale surveys to large, complex, multi-site testing and data recovery projects. AAR is committed to quality research and client services and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
How to Apply
To apply, please submit your resume and a short (no more than 1 page) statement of interest to [email protected] by Friday, September 16th, 2022.