Website Crook County
(Review February 23, 2024)
Compensation for this position will be reviewed by County Court.
We are seeking a dynamic and experienced IT Applications Manager to lead our organization’s application portfolio and drive the efficiency and effectiveness of our business systems. The ideal candidate will possess a strong background in managing diverse applications, a deep understanding of business processes, and the ability to lead and inspire a team of Business Systems Analysts and GIS professionals.
Essential Job Functions
1. Application Portfolio Management:
• Oversee the entire organization’s application portfolio, ensuring optimal performance, reliability, and alignment with business goals.
• Evaluate, select, and implement new applications as needed to enhance business operations.
2. Team Leadership:
• Manage and mentor a team of Business Systems Analysts and GIS professionals, fostering a collaborative and innovative work environment.
• Provide leadership and guidance in developing the skills and capabilities of the team members.
3. Business Systems Analysis:
• Collaborate with business stakeholders to understand their requirements and translate them into actionable IT solutions.
• Lead the team in analyzing and documenting business processes, recommending improvements, and implementing changes.
4. GIS Management:
• Oversee the Geographic Information System (GIS) team, ensuring the effective utilization of spatial data for business decision-making.
• Collaborate with other departments to integrate GIS data into various applications and processes.
5. Project Management:
• Manage IT application projects from initiation to completion, ensuring timely delivery and within
• Coordinate with cross-functional teams to drive project success and meet organizational objectives.
6. Continuous Improvement:
• Identify opportunities for process improvement and automation to enhance the overall efficiency of business systems.
• Stay abreast of industry best practices and emerging technologies, recommending and implementing relevant advancements.
7. Vendor Management:
• Collaborate with vendors and third-party service providers to ensure the smooth operation of applications and systems.
• Negotiate contracts, manage service level agreements, and monitor vendor performance.
• Proven experience (5+ years) in managing IT applications and business systems.
• Strong leadership and people management skills.
• Excellent project management skills with a track record of successful project delivery.
• Experience in Geographic Information Systems (GIS) is preferred.
• In-depth knowledge of business process analysis and improvement.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
Business Systems Analyst, GIS Analyst
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
• Onsite – Full Time M-F.
• Occasional travel may be required.
Required Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field.
Additional Eligibility Requirements
• Able to complete a thorough employment and/or criminal history check.
• Able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug test (not required for all positions).
• Final candidates will be required to provide official proof of college degree and certified transcripts (not required for all positions).
Safety Sensitive Requirements
• This position is not considered to be a safety sensitive position.
• This position is ‘at-will’, and either Crook County or the employee may terminate the relationship at any time with or without cause.
• Crook County is an equal opportunity employer
• Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
To apply for this job please visit crook-county.hiringthing.com.