Support People with Disabilities
Help people with disabilities live exciting lives!
Kerr’s youth group homes support and empower children and teens with disabilities. Use your passion for helping others to make a difference. Every child is unique, so job duties vary. A typical day in a youth group home starts with preparing medications and waking up the kids. You’ll help them get ready for school or a day of activities. At night, you’ll help them with chores, dinner, and homework. For fun, some enjoy video games while others play sports. No matter what their passions are, you’ll be there to support them.
In our adult group homes, you’ll support residents in being successful in what they want to do. You might them at their job or take them to a movie. Common tasks involve help with medications, cooking, dressing, and cleaning. It’s all about building life skills and brightening lives.
In this role, you will…
- Provide high-quality personal care
- Connect with residents, families, and others to provide the best support
- Change the way youth with disabilities live
- Paid 2-week training program to teach you the skills you need
- 100% paid medical/dental/vision plans
- Paid holidays and generous paid time off
- At least 18 years old
- Great social skills
- Ability to pass a background check
- Ability to lift, push, and pull 50 pounds
- Licensed driver with at least two years’ driving experience preferred
To apply for this job please visit www.albertinakerr.org.