ACHS Financial Aid Advisor
Website American College of Healthcare Sciences
Financial Aid Advisor Position Overview
Are you ready to apply your financial aid expertise and student support skills in a collaborative and innovative team?
This position is responsible for processing applications for federal financial aid assistance including providing entrance and exit counseling for students, promoting responsible borrowing, preparing financial aid award letters based on eligibility, and completing verification procedures required by the Department of Education. This position works with a dedicated team of financial aid professionals who are committed to communicating information about the College and its financial programs in an accurate, professional, and ethical manner at all times.
Successful candidates will: excel in a team environment where teamwork, positivity, and flexibility are valued; have a proven ability to think critically and seek innovative solutions; demonstrate the ability to leverage technology to multi-task; and believe in the power of education and the benefits of integrative health and wellness.
- Classification: This is a full-time, non-exempt position.
- Reporting: This position reports to the Director of Financial Aid.
- Standard Hours: 8:30 am – 5:30 pm PST
- Telecommuting: Eligible; fully-remote position
- Pay Range: $24 – $26/hour
The Work You’ll Do in This Role
- Assist new and current students in applying for federal financial aid and determining eligibility, while counseling students on their rights and responsibilities
- Educate students on their borrowing rights and responsibilities during both Entrance and Exit Counseling processes.
- Ensure Counseling is completed in accordance with federal regulations and counsel students on responsible borrowing and debt management.
- Support students through initial and ongoing student contact, explaining aid options, and ensuring all required paperwork is submitted, accurate, and processed timely.
- Assist with VA Benefit administration
- Assist with enrollment reporting, R2T4 calculations, and monthly reconciliations.
- Provide the best possible customer service experience to potential, current, and former students by displaying compassion and composure in every interaction.
Skills & Experience You Bring to ACHS
- Some College in Accounting, Business Management or Finance, or student services and administration; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Strong leadership and communication skills, both oral and written, with a minimum of 2 years of financial aid advising experience, preferably in an online education environment.
- Proficient Macintosh computer skills including Excel, Word and website. ACHS is an extremely tech-reliant institution and all staff require a high level of comfort and proficiency using a variety of online and software applications.
- Ability to deal with highly confidential and sensitive information
- Exemplary interpersonal/customer service skills and positive
This job can be completed remotely or in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and photocopiers.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This is largely a sedentary role; position requires prolonged standing or sitting and may also include bending, stooping or stretching. Position also requires prolonged use of a computer.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
ACHS is committed to equal opportunity and equal treatment for all qualified individuals. ACHS does not discriminate nor will it tolerate discrimination against any person because of age, gender, gender-identity, color, race, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other class protected by law.
ACHS complies with Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, a federal law that prohibits sex discrimination in education, including but not limited to all forms of sexual harassment and sexual violence. Any person who files a complaint or participates in an investigation is protected from retaliation to the full extent of the law. Questions regarding Title IX may be referred to ACHS’s Title IX Coordinator and/or to the U.S. Department of Education’s Office for Civil Rights. ACHS Title IX Coordinator: Prisca Bermudez, Director of Academic Services, 5005 S. Macadam Avenue, Portland, Oregon 97239. 503-244-0726, [email protected]
ACHS is committed to building an inclusive workplace that values people of all backgrounds and a wide range of skills and experience. Together, we strive to create and maintain a working environment where we can be our authentic selves and work together to impact change in the communities we serve through integrative health and wellness education and a focus on sustainability. We are a community of one, built by all.
American College of Healthcare Sciences (ACHS) has been providing excellence in holistic health distance education since 1978 and is accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC). ACHS specializes in accredited online graduate and undergraduate degrees, diplomas, certificates, and continuing education courses in integrative medicine fields including aromatherapy, herbal medicine, holistic nutrition, and more.
Our mission is to provide leadership in holistic health education through comprehensive professional online and on-campus education and high-quality natural products with a commitment to sustainable practices and principles.
ACHS is a Certified B Corporation™, devoted to excellence in education, sustainability, and ethical business practices. ACHS ranked #5 on Oregon Business Magazine’s Top Green Workplaces 2020 and is committed to helping communities thrive. For more information, visit www.achs.edu.
To apply for this job please visit american-college-of-healthcare-sciences.prismhr-hire.com.