2022 Lunar New Year Dragon Dance Parade and Celebration in Portland’s Old Town | Free Performances
Join Portland Chinatown Museum on Saturday, May 7 for their annual Lunar New Year Dragon Dance Parade and Celebration in Old Town Portland.
Related Portland Events & Info
- Shopping: Unique Markets Portland Spring Pop-Up @ Veterans Memorial Coliseum | 2022 Mother’s Day Weekend, Featuring 175+ Local Brands, Designers & Artists (May 7-8)
- Music: All Classical Portland & New York’s WQXR Presents An African American Requiem | Live Broadcast Featuring Oregon Symphony, Portland Composer Damien Geter (May 7)
- Kentucky Derby: Kentucky Derby Party @ Abbey Road Farm | Contests for Best Dressed, Lawn Games, Southern Style BBQ, Photo Booth (May 7)
- Comedy: Lone Wolves- Solo Sketch Comedy @ The Siren Theater | Collective of Portland’s Smartest & Funniest Sketch Comedians (May 6-7)
- Art: The FARM Arts & Media Center Presents Free First Friday | Featuring All-Day Live-Model Sketch (May 6)
2022 Lunar New Year Dragon Dance Parade and Celebration
May 7, 2022
10AM | Free | All Ages
More info: portlandchinatownmuseum.org
Location: NW Third and Davis St., Portland
Join us on Saturday, May 7 at 10:00 a.m. for our sixth annual Lunar New Year Dragon Dance Parade and Celebration, presented in partnership with the Oregon Historical Society.
Our 150-foot dragon will be roaring out of quarantine to celebrate Spring with lion dancers, performers, and a lively community parade through Old Town, Downtown, and up to the Oregon Historical Society Park Plaza.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
- 10:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. at NW Third and Davis St.
– Kick off with lion dancers and performances
– Dragon comes roaring out
- 11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
– Parade around Old Town Chinatown
– Plucking of the greens at select locations
– Proceed up SW Third Ave. and up towards SW Jefferson and Park Street
- 1:00 p.m. – 1:30 p.m.
– Parade ends at Oregon Historical Society Park Plaza.
Leave a Comment