2023 Lunar New Year Free Dragon Dance Parade & Celebration | Lion Dancers, Performers & More!
The 2023 Lunar New Year Dragon Dance Parade & Celebration returns to Downtown Portland on Saturday, January 28!
Related Portland Events & Info
- Win Massage Session ($400): Tantra Studio Offering You & Me & CBD Partner Massage | Portland 2023 Valentine’s Day Date Idea, Romantic Gift (Saturdays)
- Free Museum Entry: Free Sundays @ World Forestry Center’s Discovery Museum | Family Fun, Bird’s-eye View of a NW Forest, Learn About Forest Opportunities & Challenges (Jan 29)
- February 1: Literary Arts Presents An Evening with Amor Towles @ Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall | #1 New York Times Bestselling Author
- Win Tickets ($100): Oregon Distilled Craft Spirits Festival 2023 @ The Redd | 30+ Distillers, 120+ Different Spirits, Fine Food & more! (Feb 18)
- Wine & Chocolate: Hip Chicks Do Wine Presents Wine & Chocolate Pairing | In-Person Reservations, To-Go Kits Available (Jan 28-29, Feb 3-5, 10-12)
From press release:
LNY Dragon Dance Parade & Celebration
January 28, 2023
10AM – 1PM | Free | All Ages
More info: portlandchinatownmuseum.org
Ends at Oregon Historical Society
1200 SW Park Avenue, Portland
Join us on Saturday, January 28 at 10AM for our seventh annual Lunar New Year Dragon Dance Parade and Celebration, presented in partnership with the Oregon Historical Society.
Our 150-foot dragon will be celebrating the holiday with lion dancers, performers, and a lively community parade through Old Town, Downtown, and up to the Oregon Historical Society Park Plaza.
For those concerned about attending in light of the recent tragedies in California, the parade will have several police escorts assisting with both traffic and safety.
Schedule of Events
10 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. at NW Third and Davis St.
– Kick off with lion dancers and performances
– Dragon comes roaring out
11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
– Parade around Old Town Chinatown
– Plucking of the greens at select locations
– Proceed up SW Third Ave. and up towards SW Jefferson and Park Street