2022 Portlandia Mermaid Parade @ Downtown Portland’s Waterfront Park | Rainbow Waters Theme, A Shellabration of Queer Merfolk
Portlandia Mermaid Parade is FREE grassroots artistic event aimed at celebrating our community connection to water mythology, merfolk, artists, our rivers and port.
Related Portland Events & Info
- Win Tickets ($100): One Nation Under a Groove Tour w/ George Clinton & The Parliament Funkadelic @ Pioneer Courthouse Square | w/ The Motet, Fishbone, Pimps of Joytime (July 29)
- Win Tickets ($60): Red Fang, Big Business, & Tacos! @ Crystal Ballroom | Rock, Heavy Metal Punk (July 29)
- Win Tickets ($70): Zero @ Aladdin Theater | Jazz, Rock and Blues (July 29)
- Cruise: Portland Spirit Presents Bigfoot Half Day Adventure Cruise | Narrated by Animal Planet’s Cliff Barackman, Downtown to Multnomah Falls (Fridays-Sundays)
- Events: Our August Events Calendar
From press release:
Portland Mermaid Parade
July 30, 2022
Noon – 4PM | Free | All Ages
More info: portlandiamermaidparade.com
(Under the Marquam Bridge)
Keeping Portland Magical! The 6th annual Portlandia Mermaid Parade & Festival will be taking place on Saturday July 3oth from noon until 4pm. This a free, body positive, inclusive and family friendly event celebrating all things mermaid and water related! Grab your shells and your tails and join us for a splashing good time! Costumes a must! We will gather at Poets beach and make our way down to the waterfront to the Bill Naito Legacy Fountain for a splash mob in the water!
Our 2022 theme is ‘Rainbow Waters’
A shellabration of Queer merfolk in Portland, and the efforts being made to cultivate equity, inclusion and human rights for LGBTQ+ communities. The Portlandia Mermaid Parade stands together and in alliance for trans rights, visibility, and compassion.
I’m loving this. Coney Island in Brooklyn has a Mermaid parade and celebration every Sommer in July. It is fun and magical.