Sunday Parkways Returns This Weekend in East Portland | Car-Free Streets, Free Bike Tuneups, Dance Performances & More!
The first Portland Sunday Parkways of 2023 will take place Sunday, May 7, in East Portland and visit Gateway Discovery, Ventura, and Lincoln parks.
Related Portland Events & Info
- Cinco de Mayo: Portland Cinco de Mayo Events (May 5)
- Win Tickets ($70): MindTrix Escape Rooms @ Clackamas Town Center | The Time Machine, School of Magic, Tesla’s Mystery
- Win Tickets ($50): UFO Fest @ McMenamins Hotel Oregon | Parade, Speakers, Landing Party & More! (May 19-20)
- All Month: Urban Adventure Quest’s Amazing Scavenger Hunt Adventure | Safe Outdoor Activity, Discount / Promo Code
- Mother’s Day: Mother’s Day Events (May 13)
2023 Sunday Parkways
May 7, June 25, September 10, 2023
11AM-4PM | Free | All Ages
More info: portland.gov
This year Portland Sunday Parkways presented by Kaiser Permanente will celebrate its Sweet 16th with three events! Join us for this special occasion as we open the streets and gather with the community. The season will start with a return to East Portland on Sunday, May 7, followed by another return to Northeast Cully on Sunday, June 25. The new route for this year will feature Southwest Portland on September 10.
Enjoy live entertainment and activities all day May 7
The East Portland Sunday Parkways will feature an exciting array of free entertainment and activities.
- Always wanted to try roller skating? Visit Rose City Rollers at Gateway Discovery for free rentals from 12-3 p.m.!
- Enjoy live music from talented local musicians and performers at the music stages at Gateway Discovery Park, Lincoln Park, and the traffic circle at NE 108th and Oregon Street.
- Learn some new tricks with Circus Cascadia at Ventura Park.
See the full line-up at our East Portland Sunday Parkways website.
About Sunday Parkways: At these accessible family-friendly events, streets on the route are closed to car traffic so that you can bike, walk, roll and play in Portland’s largest public space, its streets. We’ve created three fantastic routes that highlight our network of neighborhood greenways and other new infrastructure, parks, and community resources.
It’s crucial that everyone feel safe as they explore new ways of getting around, especially on streets that prioritize people walking and biking. This year will incorporate public safety improvements for our participants and partners.
Here are some of the goals that guided our decision to host three in-person events this year:
- Prioritize three neighborhoods that have been underserved by Sunday Parkways in the past
- Create equitable, accessible, and inclusive events that reflect the communities they take place in
- Improve traffic management and volunteer training to ensure participant safety during the event
The spirit of Portland Sunday Parkways has always come from the people who make up these events, from dedicated volunteers to amazing local vendors and entertainers, to the neighbors who we share the streets with, and this year we can’t wait to celebrate together.
For event route maps and more information visit the Sunday Parkways website.