Systems Administrator – Munis
Website Tualatin Hills Park and Recreation District
The Tualatin Hills Park & Recreation District (THPRD) seeks a Munis – Systems Administrator. This is a professional level position that performs specialized tasks related to enterprise software applications, their underlying databases, and other applications specific to the area of assignment, balancing individual, and organizational responsibilities.
Essential Job Functions
- Responsible for support and maintenance of large-scale computer systems, programs and applications that impact critical department or enterprise operations, functions, and services.
- Implements large or complex computer software applications; designs, configures and tests system software; troubleshoots user software problems.
- Responsible for overall application system administration activities for the department, such as development, installation, upgrades, modifications, data integrity, security, technical support, and troubleshooting. Evaluates current procedures and recommends changes and improvements.
- Analyzes on-going problems and recommends courses of action to address problems. Maintains a close working relationship with vendors to identify and solve problems with software systems. Troubleshoots problems and makes corrective changes to existing configurations through consultation with vendor. Attends user meetings with vendors as needed.
- Utilizes reporting tools to write and maintain a variety of reports or queries to support business functions and aid in decision making practices. Develops standard reports for ongoing department needs and ad hoc queries as needed, working with department staff to identify information requirements.
- Participates in the development of overall department goals, objectives and priorities for the implementation or upgrade of systems; prepares and presents strategic technology plans; ensures that strategic plans are consistent with broader organizational plans, initiatives, policies, and priorities.
- Assists with the analysis of user needs and develop system requirements.
- Work with confidential and protected data.
- Principles and techniques of analysis, design, development, and implementation of complex computer and communications systems in a complex enterprise environment.
- Microsoft SQL Server database environments and the use of associated tools for integration development, database objects, and programming objects on critical systems.
- Software application environments including multi-tier systems and client management technologies.
- Enterprise system security principles.
- Database centric SaaS applications.
- Financial systems, including general ledger payroll and enterprise HR needs for a workforce that changes size seasonally.
- Ensure data integrity, reliability, currency, accuracy, efficiency, and security. Oversee testing and change management coordination for complex system environments.
- Utilize current standard tools such as Application Programming Interface (API), Structured Query Language (SQL), Visual Basic (VB), and .Net, to develop integration and workflow on, and between systems.
- Perform programming to create customized reports and workflow for department.
- Provide recommendations on database systems and select appropriate equipment.
- Perform difficult computer information system database installation and maintenance work.
- Work with a range of end users, discover and define their data and system needs, and then develop and implement various reports using SQL to enable those end users to deliver their desired performance outcomes. Design and implement a template driven structure or similar so that non-technical staff can build their own report requests using techniques such as Query by Example or other tools.
- Work in a mixed environment of on premise and SaaS based enterprise applications.
- Work with defined API links between SaaS solutions, to ensure data links are operational
Education and Experience
A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in computer science, information technology, or an information technology related field AND over five (5) years of responsible system management, computer system configuration, system data analysis, system project implementation, or related experience; OR any equivalent combination of education and experience.
Preference may be given to individuals with work experience using Tyler Munis software.
We are committed to ensuring the health and safety for all employees and the community. As a part of this commitment, all district employees are required to be fully vaccinated effective October 8, 2021. Candidates who receive a conditional offer of employment must either submit proof of vaccination, documentation of plans to become fully vaccinated, or request reasonable accommodation for those candidates who are unable to be vaccinated.
To reduce barriers to entry, THPRD evaluates an applicant’s work history and responses to supplemental questions and does not consider cover letters and resumes in the screening process. Please answer the supplemental questions thoroughly to ensure our subject matter experts can appropriately evaluate your experience.
THPRD is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, THPRD will ensure that people experiencing disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If a reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact Human Resources at [email protected]
To apply for this job please visit www.governmentjobs.com.