Website Snow Peak USA
The Snow Peak Person is both an outdoor enthusiast and a passionate creative. They believe in their talents and capabilities, are thoughtful in their approach and have a deep appreciation for their work and the world around them. Snow Peak People don’t shy away from growth or new challenges; they’re team players who prioritize connection and communication – and they’re serious about play.
This position might be a good fit for you if you…
- Share a passion for the outdoors and the beneficial role it plays in people’s lives
- Express curiosity and creativity by taking initiative and be resourceful
- Understand your effect on business targets
- Make a memorable impact by being approachable, respectful, responsible, and joyful
- Value all people for their skills, experience, and unique perspectives
The Retail Associate is a brand ambassador, generating sales by proactively engaging and connecting with our customers.
This position is a part time hourly position and reports to the Retail Store Manager. The starting compensation is $15.45/hour and requires availability on evenings, weekends, and holidays.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Create an elevated, upbeat, welcoming experience for customers
- Drive and increase sales by connecting with customers and asking open-ended questions to assess needs and make relevant merchandise suggestions
- Speak with knowledge and confidence to customers about materials, styles, fit, fabrics, price and trends in the outdoor and fashion industry
- Strengthen our brand presence by encouraging customers to engage with social networking sites and email list
- Educate customers on brand history, products, offers, promotions, and events
- Process customer transactions efficiently with excellent point-of-sale/cash-handling accuracy
- Handle customer service complaints, refunds, and questions, assuring customers are satisfied
- Answer phone and email questions, including notifying customers promptly regarding restocked product and special orders
- Maintain the cleanliness and organization of the sales floor, fitting rooms, window displays, cash-wrap areas, and back of house
- Apply knowledge of retail KPIs to make decisions that drive achievement of established sales targets
- Execute all operational processes effectively and efficiently including shipment processing, back stock replenishment, inventory counts, loss prevention
- Ensure that health, safety, and security rules are followed
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience working in a retail environment
- Extraordinary customer service
- Basic mathematics and financial knowledge
- Basic knowledge of operating personal computers, POS systems, and various software packages including MS office
- Reliable and professional
- Friendly and engaging with all types of people
- Enthusiasm for a fast paced, high growth working environment
- A creative mind with an ability to take initiative and be resourceful
- A passion for the outdoors and the beneficial role it plays in people’s lives
- The commitment to maintaining a workplace in which all employees have an opportunity to participate and contribute to the success of the business and are valued for their skills, experience, and unique perspectives
NICE TO HAVE
- Experience with Shopify
- Experience with Japanese language and culture
- Experience in the outdoor, retail, or apparel industries
- Prolonged periods standing
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
- Communicate effectively with a diverse audience in person, by phone, and using computer
- Regular interaction with the public
All of our employees enjoy paid time off for qualifying sick leave and are also eligible for wilderness first aid certification, annual company retreat and/or camping trip, public transportation assistance, bike commuting allowance, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Snow Peak gear package, access to third-party outdoor gear discounts, and generous discounts on Snow Peak gear and apparel.
In addition, our regular full-time employees are eligible for medical coverage with vision and alternative care, comprehensive dental, employer match to retirement contributions, short and long-term disability insurance, life and AD&D insurance, paid vacation and holidays, and paid family and medical leave.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status, such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status or age. With that said, research shows that women and other underrepresented groups apply only if they meet 100% of the criteria. Snow Peak USA is committed to leveling the playing field, and we encourage women, people of color, and those in the LGBTQ+ communities to apply for positions even if they don’t necessarily check every box outlined in the job description. Please still get in touch – we’d love to connect and see if you could be good for the role.
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.