Network and Infrastructure Administrator
Website Reed College
Reed College seeks a curious and creative problem solver to be our next Network and Infrastructure Administrator. The Network and Infrastructure Administrator collaborates with other members of Technology Infrastructure Services to design, troubleshoot, maintain, and upgrade core services including but not limited to wired, wireless, and fiber-optic networking, Firewalls, VPN, VoIP system, network access control, server virtualization, as well as installing and repairing physical network devices across multiple campus buildings. This role reports to the Technology Infrastructure Services Director. Reed College offers an exceptional benefits package, including comprehensive and cost-free medical and dental insurance for you, and a 60% discount on medical and dental insurance for your dependents, 403(b) retirement plan with 10% employer contribution (after one year of service), educational assistance for employees and their children, 22 days of paid vacation, paid holidays, half-day Fridays in the summer, and many other campus amenities. This is a full-time, exempt role with work hours of 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. with a one hour unpaid lunch. The salary for this position is $90,000 per year. Who You Are
- You approach problems creatively. Where others see roadblocks, you see opportunities to use your problem solving skills to find unique solutions.
- You are customer service-oriented and are able to communicate effectively with a wide variety of end-users and colleagues with diverse backgrounds.
- You have strong organizational skills and enjoy creating order.
- You have demonstrated expertise with routers, firewalls, and VPN software.
- You have in-depth knowledge of routing protocols, including OSPF, BGP, EIGRP, IGMP, PIM, and multicast routing.
- You have in-depth knowledge of cable management, such as CAT5/6 and fiber-optic (multi and single-mode fibers).
- You enjoy working independently, but you also enjoy working collaboratively with teams.
- You understand that excellent time management is essential in this role. You are able to manage your work and projects around the college’s schedule and functions.
- You give thoughtful feedback and are equally comfortable receiving it.
- You are self-aware. You understand your own culture, identity, biases, prejudices, power, privilege, and stereotypes.
What You’ll Do
- Install, manage and maintain network hardware including routers, switches, firewalls, VPNs, and wireless access controllers.
- Administer a TCP/IP network.
- Manage and maintain network monitoring, network management systems, configuration standards, and documentation according to industry best practices.
- Maintain, diagnose, and repair layer 1 technologies, including but not limited to rewiring ports, crimping cables, and replacing peripherals.
- Operate security resources, including vulnerability scanning, SIEM, and intrusion prevention/detection systems.
- Deploy, maintain, and troubleshoot a mixture of commercial, open source, and home-grown systems and applications.
- Deploy, configure, and manage Linux and Windows servers.
- Work closely with staff in other IT departments to consolidate, integrate, and troubleshoot new technology implementations.
- Provide technical support and guidance to campus community members as well as co-workers.
- Work on-call as needed.
Application Instructions Click below to apply. You will be directed to Interfolio to create a free account and begin your application. A resume and cover letter are required. You can submit these documents in any format, but pdf works best. In your cover letter please address the following: How would this position contribute to achievement of your long-term professional goals? Which professional accomplishment are you most proud of? As you apply online, you will be asked to provide an answer to the following: If you were selected for this position, how would you use your skills and experience to contribute to equity, inclusion and community growth at Reed? Applications will be considered as they are submitted so you are encouraged to apply early. Applications will continue to be accepted until the position is filled. Reed College replies to every candidate. We will confirm that your application is received, and if you are not selected, we will let you know as soon as possible. Equal Employment Opportunity Statement Reed College is committed to building a culturally inclusive community and a work environment that respects and inspires every person. Your unique skills, work history, cultural contributions, and lived experiences are essential to building this community. Members of historically marginalized groups including women, BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, and People of Color), those with disabilities, members of the LGBTQ+ community, those who have served in the military, and members of other underrepresented communities are invited to apply.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.reed.edu.