Admission Support Application Reader
Website Reed College
Reed College seeks Admission Support Application Readers. The role of an Application Reader is to evaluate information presented by prospective students in support of their applications for admission and determine suitability for admission. This role reports to the Senior Assistant Dean of Admission.
This is a part-time, contracted role with flexible work hours; typically readers work 15-25 hours weekly. This can increase or decrease depending on the time of the year and the goals of the Admission office. This position is not eligible for benefits. The pay range is $18.00 – $23.00. Pay is based on the number of applications read, transcripts reviewed, and/or interviews completed. The length of time needed varies, but is intended to be completed within one hour on average. Work is completed remotely.
Who You Are
- Consistency and accurate details are important to you.
- You have an impeccable track record of integrity and the highest professional and ethical standards for handling confidential information.
- You always meet your deadlines.
- You are empathetic and adept at working with others who are different from you.
- You bring an important aspect of diversity to our team.
- You are organized, intentional, and thoughtful.
- You are comfortable with technology and working online.
- You are self-aware. You understand your own culture, identity, biases, prejudices, power, privilege, and stereotypes.
What You’ll Do
- Review specialized admissions categories, with established guidelines and standards of practice.
- Interpret academic transcripts and work, helping provide a clearer snapshot of academic performance and trajectory.
- Submit written notes and recommendations to the admissions committee.
- Assist in deciding whether admissions candidates should be admitted, deferred, waitlisted, or denied.
- Contribute to implementation of Admission goals for achieving non-discrimination and creating a multi-cultural environment.
Bachelors’ degree required; advanced degree preferred.
Prior admissions or industry experience preferred.
Click below to apply. You will be directed to Interfolio to create a free account and begin your application. A resume and cover letter are required. You can submit these documents in any format, but pdf works best. In your cover letter please address the following:
How would this position contribute to achievement of your long-term professional goals?
Which professional accomplishment are you most proud of?
As you apply online, you will be asked to provide an answer to the following:
If you were selected for this position, how would you use your skills and experience to contribute to equity, inclusion and community growth at Reed?
Applications will be considered as they are submitted so you are encouraged to apply early. Applications will continue to be accepted until the position is filled.
Reed College is committed to building a culturally inclusive community and a work environment that respects and inspires every person. Your unique skills, work history, cultural contributions, and lived experiences are essential to building this community. Members of historically marginalized groups including women, BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, and People of Color), those with disabilities, members of the LGBTQ+ community, those who have served in the military, and members of other underrepresented communities are invited to apply.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.reed.edu.