PORTLAND PUBLIC SCHOOLS is HIRING FULL-TIME CUSTODIANS
Find fulfilling work connecting with your community and enjoy a fun and active job where you can have a real impact on Portland’s future.
The Custodian work shift starts in the afternoon and continues into the evening, leaving your mornings open and making it easier to go to school, pick up another part-time job, or take children to and from school! This job is represented by the Service Employees International Union (SEIU) and offers many great benefits for full-time employment:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Pharmacy, Life Insurance, and Retirement Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP): Access to free counseling services financial services, will preparation kits, legal services and more
- Paid training and continued career support from leaders
- Paid Holidays, sick leave, and other paid time off (PTO)
- Afternoon into evening shifts
Custodian openings exist throughout the city of Portland at various school locations. Pay starts at $19.21/ hr. with incredible benefits. Our need for Custodians is immediate and we would love to hear from you!
GROW A CAREER
No experience is required for custodians, but customer service and/or cleaning experience helps. Custodian work shifts start in the afternoon and continue into the evening.
Portland Public Schools envisions every student, every teacher, and every school succeeding. It takes a community to keep our schools comfortable and safe so that our students can thrive.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Punctuality and reliability
- Ability to give and receive instruction in the English language
- Ability to pass a short multiple-choice skills test on equipment, safety, and best practices in the field.
- Basic computer skills to clock in/out
- Ability to perform essential duties/ physical tasks (see job posting)
- Ability to pass a background check after job offer, we do not drug test
PAY: $19.21 per hour to start
WORK YEAR: 260 (Year Round Work)
Main Office Address: 501 N Dixon, Portland, OR 97227 This institution is an equal opportunity provider. PPS is an equal opportunity educator and employer.
To Apply click “Apply” and search for JOB ID 24874
To apply for this job please visit careers.pps.net.