Website Pacific Opportunities
Pacific Opportunities provides assistance to individuals who experience a barrier to employment. Typically, that barrier is an intellectual or developmental disability. Our goal is to help our clients find and maintain competitive, integrated employment.
We’re a tight knit, privately held, mission-based, social services company seeking patient, well-spoken and well written, empathetic, objective, and observant individuals to join our growing team in the role of Job Coach.
This is a full-time, non-exempt position with a starting hourly wage of $19.00-21.00 per hour. Benefits include a 401(k) with 3% match, top of the line medical insurance, dental insurance, and paid time off (11 holidays and PTO). This role provides a nice foundation for upward mobility.
The Job Coach plays an important role by providing one-on-one assistance tailored to the needs of the client by providing direct support for people with disabilities in their workplace to help them be successful at work. The support needs differ depending upon the individual. Job Coaches help to manage a client’s schedule, help them navigate workplace computer systems to access pay stubs or request time off, speak with managers to advocate for accommodations and check in to get feedback on performance, attend orientations, help clients learn their job duties, and work with them on-site to perform the tasks of their job. This position works autonomously and must have a reliable vehicle.
- Provide excellent customer service to Pacific Opportunities’ stakeholders
- Be present at coaching sites on time and dressed appropriately
- Produce organized and detailed notes for each client at the end of each work day
- Work with Gmail, iPhone (iMessage), and word processing software
- Meet with clients to practice typical and targeted interview questions
- Develop training plans for clients
- Connect with employers to ensure long-term success
- Once a client is placed, ensure employer needs are met by utilizing proper job coaching techniques for job retention
- Complete all mandatory required annual trainings (12+hours of online coursework)
- Manage an email account. (Management is defined as the ability to review all emails that are received by the employee and respond to each in a timely manner. In the event an email exceeds the ability for the employee to handle, they are expected to seek help from their direct supervisor.)
- Manage a caseload of clients. (Management is defined as the ability to engage with their direct supervisor to coordinate shifts with their clients.)
We’re seeking someone who is team driven and has the ability to work well with direction from both our customer’s supervisors and our own management. We also seek the following:
- Independent, reliable, and capable of managing a schedule with minimal supervision
- Patient and understanding to each client’s specific needs/disabilities
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written (Job coaches are required to provide clear verbal queues as well as write succinct and objective job coaching reports)
- Organizational skills and the ability to maintain client records in our online database is a must
- Ability to pass an ODHS background check (Disqualifying conditions: https://www.oregon.gov/dhs/BUSINESS- SERVICES/CHC/Documents/HR-PDQ-Convictions-Conditions.pdf.)
- Strong interpersonal skills. (Must interact and get along with others in the workplace.)
- Work in person at our office and/or client sites
- Have a valid license, auto insurance, and reliable transportation
- Must be able stand for extended periods of time and also move throughout retail, warehouse, and other spaces that our clients work in
- English fluency
Bonus points if you have:
- Verified experience in job placement agencies within the last four years
- Experience working with at-risk populations and/or people with developmental/intellectual disabilities
- Experience in public relations or technical writing
- Established work history of 2+ years (We prefer a background in retail, food service, and other client facing positions.)
- College coursework with an emphasis in communication
We’ll be looking for any combination of training and experience which demonstrates the ability to perform the core job duties as described. If this sounds like a role you would be interested in pursuing, we’d like to hear from you!
Pacific Opportunities is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.paylocity.com.