Retail Security Lead
Website New Seasons Market
Now Hiring for Security Leads at several locations including University Park, Woodstock, Grant Park & Williams. Seeking community-minded individuals with de-escalation training. Previous experience highly preferred. Awesome benefits & competitive pay!
Job Title: Retail Security Lead
Job Region: Oregon / SW Washington
Reports-To: Store Operations Manager
Exemption Status (typically): Non-Exempt
Requirements: As a retail grocer, we operate 7 days/week and 365 days/year. Our in-store positions are likely to include evening and weekend shifts per the needs of the business. Be of good moral fitness as determined by a criminal background check, Oregon Department of Public Safety investigation or other reliable sources.
Starting Pay Range $18.69 – $23.37
About us: New Seasons Market began in 2000 when three families got together to open a neighborhood market, a place where local communities can come together to connect with where their food comes from. A friendly, inviting place that honors its region’s farmers, ranchers, growers and makers—helping them prosper for generations to come. Over the years, our community has grown, but our goal is still the same: to build community through good food. Because of this, we seek skilled team members who care deeply about community, sustainability and inclusion. New Seasons Market celebrates diverse backgrounds and experiences and we strive to be a place where all identities feel welcomed.
About the role: Responsible for retail asset protection and security. Responsible for creating a safe and secure store environment by addressing issues and situations that impact the safety and security of customers and staff. Utilizes a diverse set of strategies to de-escalate escalated incidents and engage with known or potential shoplifters. Accurately documents and reports on incidents.
· Engages the customer in a friendly manner, shares product information and assists in locating product throughout the store. Seeks opportunities to exceed customer expectations and enhance the customer experience.
· Demonstrates reliable and predictable attendance, in accordance with attendance policy and all applicable laws.
· Works a schedule that is informed by the needs of the business and may be subject to change seasonally or due to varying staffing needs.
· Demonstrates ability to manage own time and models a flexible work style. Shifts tasks as priorities and circumstances change based on needs and conditions of department.
· Demonstrates a solutions-oriented approach to problems or concerns.
· Represents company values. Demonstrates commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to an inclusive working and learning environment. Works cooperatively and positively with fellow team members, customers and vendors spiriting a respectful workplace where everyone is welcome.
· Gives and receives feedback in a constructive manner demonstrating company “Speak Up & Listen” culture. Responds to feedback in order to improve performance.
· Conserves company resources. Works in a manner consistent with company mission, vision and values and sustainability program.
· Adheres to work and food safety policies set forth by the company and all local, state and federal regulatory agencies. Contributes to store cleanliness, maintains equipment. Informs store/department management of any problems.
· Observes all company rules and policies. Understands and complies with specific department or location guidelines, tasks and responsibilities.
· Responsible for identifying, monitoring and addressing situations that impact the safety and security of customers and staff.
· Accurately reports on and documents in-store incidents for internal reporting and potential criminal proceedings.
· Responsible for observing store activities of customers and vendors, with the intent to provide an environment that is safe from theft or other potentially harmful situations.
· Functions as the store’s primary deterrent to safety, security, and asset protection issues through proactive visibility and engagement.
· Demonstrates good judgement and utilizes a diverse set of strategies to de-escalate escalated incidents and engage with known or potential shoplifters.
· Maintains a calm and collected demeanour and direct communication style during high-conflict interactions.
· Work with internal stakeholders to develop and advise on security and asset protection strategies (e.g. camera placement, standards of approach for chronic offenders, department standards to mitigate loss).
· Leads approach and strategy to address organized retail crime at store location in conjunction with store support security team, operations team, law enforcement, and third-party security.
· Advises on and investigates need for capital expenditures that support safety and security of the building (e.g. access, camera system upgrades, etc.).
· Supporting liaison with law enforcement and local prosecutors for in-store incidents. May provide testimony in criminal procedures as needed.
· Leaves apprehension duties to qualified authorities (such as police or third-party security).
· Primary collaborator with third-party security – directs actions and support of third-party security in the moment.
· Adheres to all company security policies and procedures, including reporting and documentation requirements.
· This position works at a light level. Required frequently and up to continuously to be on feet with a mix of standing and walking throughout shift. Up to occasionally, dependent on location, required to climb stairs, step stool and /or ladders.
· Occasionally required to: lift 20 pounds
· Frequently required to: lift or carry objects weighing up to 10 pounds.
· Continuously required to: use arms, hands and wrists; grasping/squeezing
· Performs other tasks and duties as assigned.
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties, responsibilities and requirements, but constitutes a general definition of the position’s scope and function within our company. New Seasons Market reserves the right to amend and change duties, responsibilities, and requirements to meet changing industry or business needs as necessary.
What you Bring as a Candidate:
· Must be at least 18 years of age.
· Minimum of 3 years of prior security, safety or related industry experience required.
· Be of good moral fitness as determined by a criminal background check, Oregon Department of Public Safety investigation or other reliable sources.
· Ability to exercise good judgment at all times and make effective decisions under pressure.
· Skill set to engage in escalated interactions.
Physical and Environmental Work Space: Work occurs in a grocery store environment which includes surfaces that can be wet and slippery, moderate noise level, and temperature extremes in controlled environments in the cooler and freezer, and depending on location, working outside in all temperatures. There may be exposure to certain allergens and / or chemicals. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the ADA Amendments Act of 2008, and other applicable state or local law, we will make reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants and employees with disabilities.
To apply for this job please visit phf.tbe.taleo.net.