Manager, Social Media (Utility/Work Boots)
Website KEEN Footwear
Reporting to the Director, Insights & Engagement, the Manager, Social Media is responsible for the design and implementation of a content and social media strategy for our Utility/Work Boot category, with a large role in sourcing, curation, and creation of content, for an assigned business category in order to increase traffic, convert leads into fans, and increase engagement with fans, content creators, and brand ambassadors. Works closely with marketing, eCommerce, and corporate and social responsibility teams in a matrixed environment to ensure category social media strategies align with branding, messaging objectives and company values. Leads and directs the work of Social Media Specialist/s.
- Develop and execute a social media strategy and calendar across multiple platforms, including Instagram, Facebook, and TikTok to support marketing campaigns and activism efforts, leverage existing content, publish new content, and build connections with fans, content creators, and brand ambassadors across social channels for assigned category within approved budget.
- Define business category’s social media objectives and key results and continually monitor, analyze, and report achievement against these objectives to leadership and stakeholders.
- Curate and create written and visual content, stories and email strategies to support social media marketing initiatives across social media platforms, in collaboration with internal stakeholders and external brand influencers.
- Provide guidance, training, and best practice recommendations to internal stakeholders on the use of social media to drive engagement and other digital communications metrics.
- Provide coaching, context, and inspiration to social media specialist team through daily interactions, to prioritize work, lead issue resolution, and guide social media solutions that evolve the category’s social media strategy and team’s career development.
- Establishes influencer strategy and maintains relationships, contracts, and budgets to support influencer programs and activations around key products.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communication or related field or equivalent experience.
- 5 or more years of experience in social media/digital communications
- 1 or more year of experience building and executing social media strategy preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of social media platforms and digital communications strategies, including best practices, tools, and measurement.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including creative and professional writing and editing (photo/video/text)
- Proven relationship builder with strong interpersonal skills both internally and customer facing
- Demonstrated organizational and project management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task.
☐ Yes, up to ___ % of the time
Base Salary: $110,000 – $120,000 yearly
This range represents the low and high end of the anticipated base salary range for this position. The actual base salary will depend on numerous factors such as: experience, knowledge and skills, and location. Our base salary is just one component of our competitive total rewards strategy which includes numerous benefits and perks as well as specific health and welfare benefits.
Why Work at KEEN: Driven by a passion for life outside, KEEN is a values-led, independently owned brand from Portland, Oregon, that’s on a mission to create original and versatile products, improve lives, and inspire outside adventure. Founded in 2003, KEEN launched a revolution in the footwear industry with the introduction of the Newport adventure sandal, and has donated more than $18 million to non-profit organizations and causes around the world to promote responsible outdoor recreation, including conservation efforts to protect open spaces. KEEN strives to show the world through its products and its actions that a business for good can actually be good for business. By giving back, reducing impact, and activating communities and individuals to protect the places where we work and play, KEEN puts its values in motion and takes action to leave the world a better place.
At KEEN, we believe in a more just and equitable future for all people. As a global brand, we acknowledge that our business, buildings, and daily lives exist within the traditional territories of indigenous peoples. We strive for a future that recognizes the knowledge, rights, and resilience of these peoples.
KEEN Footwear is an equal opportunity employer. We value an inclusive and diverse community. Qualified candidates of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply and will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
To apply for this job please visit www.keenfootwear.com.