3D CAD Footwear Designer
NOTE: To be considered for this role, please include a link to your portfolio on your resume.
The 3D CAD Footwear Designer uses 3D software tools to generate 3-dimensional digital CAD files which are both technically and volumetrically accurate. This role ensures efficient use of development budgets by leading rapid evaluation and iteration of midsoles, outsoles, and other molded components prior to opening the molds.
- Interprets multi-channel elements such as drawings, written and verbal descriptions, research materials. Develops complete and accurate 3D models/content with minimal supervision
- Maintains relationships with internal and off-shore cross-functional partners
- Research new and upcoming 3D design tool trends, techniques, and technology. Attends in person and virtual seminars as appropriate. Conducts market and competitive landscape research to identify trends in the footwear industry that can elevate product
- Builds virtual asset library for shoes and hardware
- Defines modeling standards for consistent modeling of 3D designs throughout all company projects
- Develops a creative review process with design and development teams that helps maintain high product quality
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Industrial Design, or related field
- 5-10 years of experience working in footwear 3D modeling
- Demonstrated ability to create mold ready files
- Strong 3D modeling and design skills
- Knowledge in CAD software (i.e.- Rhino, etc)
- Proactive and self-motivated
- Ability to make sound decisions when faced with ambiguity and competing priorities
- Ability to work with design/development in iterating models to finished “mold ready” state
- Ability to work with rendering team supplying bottom unit files for 3D shoe rendering project
This position will not require travel
Status: Full-time, salaried
Why Work at KEEN: Driven by a passion for life outside, KEEN is a values-led, independently owned brand from Portland, Oregon, that’s on a mission to create original and versatile products, improve lives, and inspire outside adventure. Founded in 2003, KEEN launched a revolution in the footwear industry with the introduction of the Newport adventure sandal, and has donated more than $18 million to non-profit organizations and causes around the world to promote responsible outdoor recreation, including conservation efforts to protect open spaces. KEEN strives to show the world through its products and its actions that a business for good can actually be good for business. By giving back, reducing impact, and activating communities and individuals to protect the places where we work and play, KEEN puts its values in motion and takes action to leave the world a better place.
At KEEN, we believe in a more just and equitable future for all people. As a global brand, we acknowledge that our business, buildings, and daily lives exist within the traditional territories of indigenous peoples. We strive for a future that recognizes the knowledge, rights, and resilience of these peoples.
KEEN Footwear is an equal opportunity employer. We value an inclusive and diverse community. Qualified candidates of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply and will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
To apply for this job please visit app.jobvite.com.