Sr. Manager of Corporate Partnerships, Portland, Oregon
Sr. Manager of Corporate Partnerships, PNW
Who We Are:
JoyRx, the mission delivery of Children’s Cancer Association, is the only organization of its kind. Established in 1995, JoyRx has the simple goal of delivering Joy to seriously ill children and teens when they need more than medicine. We combine energy, commitment, and vision to transform the standard of care for seriously ill children with Joy every day. We have pioneered innovative, award-winning pediatric programs of music, friendship, and nature.
JoyRx is passionate about diversity, equity, and inclusion and we believe that a diverse staff of highly skilled and creative individuals is necessary to achieve the vision and mission of the organization. We
strive to create a work environment the reflects the communities we serve where everyone feels empowered to bring their whole, authentic selves to work, fully as they identify. We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who can contribute to the diversity of our workforce across a range of dimensions.
Who You Are:
As the Senior Manager of Corporate Partnerships, you will foster and cultivate existing partner events and corporate relationships, in addition to building new relationships in the region. The Senior Manager of Corporate Partnerships will qualify, cultivate, and solicit prospects to meet growing revenue goals. This position will work closely with the Director of Development, PNW and will report to the Sr. Director of National Corporate Partnerships.
- Develop and execute a strategic plan for regional PNW corporate partnerships, including identifying new prospects, conducting research, developing proposals, negotiating agreements, and securing renewals.
- Grow and manage a portfolio of PNW partners capable of making 5-6 figure/multiyear financial commitments, providing regular communication, recognition, stewardship, and reporting on the impact of their support.
- Develop customized and nuanced value propositions, proposals, and cultivation strategies for priority accounts and prospects
- Collaborate with internal teams, such as marketing, communications, programs, finance, and operations, to ensure effective delivery and promotion of corporate partnership programs.
- Monitor and evaluate the performance of corporate partnership programs, using data and metrics to track progress and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Utilize strong presentation and persuasion skills to build trusted C-suite level relationships and to leverage those relationships to unlock revenue.
- Develop and implement aggressive solicitation of corporate support; develop and maintain knowledge of corporate giving interests, staff, and trends.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Demonstrated success in securing and managing multi-faceted regional corporate partnerships with 5-6 figure revenue potential.
- Excellent communication, presentation, negotiation, and relationship-building skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and CRM software.
- Motivated by JoyRx’s mission with a drive for continuous learning and improvement
- Exceptionally strong written and oral communication skills and analytical skills, with the ability to build information sharing and consensus
- Sound judgment in problem-solving and decision-making techniques
- Able to balance competing priorities, complex situations, and tight deadlines
- Willingness to travel as needed
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field or a combination of education and experience.
- 5–7 years of experience in nonprofit corporate fundraising, business development or related field
- Experience leading a variety of corporate revenue sources, including sponsorships, program grants, workplace giving and beyond.
- Experience in Raiser’s Edge preferred
- Relationship Building – Establish and maintain productive relationships with partners, corporations, families, and staff. Initiate contacts readily.
- Planning & Organizing – Prioritize multiple tasks and maximize use of available time to ensure work is accomplished efficiently and accurately.
- Written Communication – Compose informative and convincing documents. Use written language to convey substance and intent with accuracy. Demonstrate experience in grant writing.
Energy – Exhibit stamina and endurance and maintain a fast pace over time.
At JoyRx we are committed to a work environment where each person feels a sense of belonging and they are recognized, appreciated, and valued.
This position is based in the JoyRx Portland, Oregon office. JoyRx offers a hybrid office environment, with both onsite (professional open office environment) days and the ability to work remotely up to two days/week (Mondays & Fridays).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
Due to the nature of JoyRx’s work with immunocompromised children, it is our responsibility to take every precaution possible to protect the health and safety of the children and families we serve. All JoyRx employees, regardless of work location, are required to receive COVID-19 vaccinations as recommended by the CDC, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved.
This position requires frequent operation of a computer and other office equipment, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer. This position requires the ability to perform basic math and speak, hear, write, and read English. This is largely a sedentary role; however, some occasional lifting is required (up to 20 lbs).
Travel: (if needed)
This position requires occasional travel in the Portland Metro area; there may be limited travel to other key regions.
Compensation & Benefits:
JoyRx is a growth organization that looks for team members to grow with it. JoyRx offers a generous total rewards package, a casual work environment, and an inclusive culture.
This position offers a competitive benefits package and a salary range starting at $70,000. Final offer amounts and levels are determined by multiple factors, including your experience, and may vary from the amounts listed above.
Generous benefits include:
- Heavily subsidized medical, vision, dental, and alternative care benefits
- Generous PTO package, paid wellness days, and nine (plus two floating) paid holidays
- Voluntary short- and long-term disability
- Flexible spending plan
- 401(k) with 3.5 percent JoyRx match
- Paid four-week sabbatical to pursue creative talents after eight years of service
- Professional development annual benefit
- Subsidized on-site parking or public transportation reimbursement.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time (40 hours/week) exempt position. Some flexibility in hours is allowed; days and hours of work are generally Monday through Thursday, 8:00 am – 5:30 pm, and Friday 8:00 am –
12:00 pm, with the option to be remote Mondays and Fridays. This position requires occasional evening hours and weekend work.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or
responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. The above statements are intended to
describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required for the position. Job duties may change at any time, with or without notice.
Complete the application through our application portal and answer the following two questions in your cover letter:
1. Tell us how your previous work history has prepared you for this role.
2. Tell us if the compensation and benefits information listed above meet your needs.
To learn more about JoyRx, the mission delivery of Children’s Cancer Association, see JoyRx.org.
Watch Founder and Chief Joy Officer Regina Ellis’ TEDx Talk on the Joy Effect