Hotel Front Desk Agent – Edgefield
The job duties described below are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of this position. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Description of the Position:
The primary responsibility of the Hotel Front Desk staff is to attend to the reservation and occupancy needs of the guest. The front desk is usually the first and last contact that the overnight guest has with property staff. For this reason excellent customer service is the number one priority. Duties include but are not limited to: checking hotel guests in and out of hotel rooms; taking reservations in person, by email or by phone; handling money; signing in and out property keys, pagers and phones; assisting with guest requests; answering and directing phone calls; informing guests of property and area attractions; and most importantly, insuring the satisfaction of all of our guests. Since the front desk is seen as the central point of the property, the position requires keeping abreast of all events on property, being a receptionist for all departments, and knowledge of emergency procedures. This position requires mental agility and the ability to effectively multi-task in a fast paced and deadline oriented environment. A Front Desk employee must also have the ability to work well independently and as a member of a team. Each employee will be expected to perform their job in a safe manner and report any safety concerns to Management. All McMenamin employees will also be expected to keep current on all company events, history, and products. Other duties are to be completed as assigned by the Manager on duty.
Requirements of the Job:
- Previous related hotel or customer service experience is preferred
- Some accounting skills and cash handling experience is preferred
- Ability to accurately handle cash and work with numbers
- Experience with high volume phone lines preferred
- Ability to stay calm and friendly in stressful situations
- Excellent customer service, communication & phone skills
- Flexible schedule including days, evenings, weekends and holidays required
- Ability to remain calm and focused in a high volume, deadline oriented work environment
Essential Functions of the Job:
- Provide excellent customer service in a high volume environment
- Quickly solve problems in an effective manner
- Must have a value for diversity and the ability to work with individuals from different backgrounds
- Work for long periods on feet including frequent walking, stair climbing
- Perform repetitive movement such as pushing, pulling, bending, some twisting and stooping
- Perform fine hand manipulation including handling small and large objects, computer keyboard usage & writing
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively
- Be positive, polite, and cooperative with co-workers, managers, and customers
- Safely lift and carry heavy objects with a hand truck or the help of another person if necessary
- Assist with housekeeping duties as directed by manager
- Work with chemicals and used in cleaning and sanitizing
Most importantly, this job requires a positive attitude, a value for diversity, and a commitment to excellent customer service. Each employee is expected to come to work ready to have fun and be a positive force.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting2.ultipro.com.