Hal’s Cafe AAM
The job duties described below are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of this position. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Description of the Position:
The AAM is an entry-level management position. The primary responsibility is to assist the Assistant Manager and Head Manager oversee all Pub operations under the guidance of the Assistant Manager and Head Manager. This position will be expected to be able to perform the responsibilities of each other non-management positions and perform all opening and closing duties of the Pub. The AAM will often act as the host and will oversee the smooth and effective running of the pub in general. Other duties include working outside on a seasonal basis as well as indoors, and most importantly maintaining and providing excellent customer relations with all customers. The AAM may also assign sections to servers; serve guests and tables in assigned sections by taking food and beverage orders; delivering products in a timely manner; collecting payment; cashiering; work on a point of sale computer system; set-up, maintain, and breakdown service and work areas so that they are well stocked and organized for efficient and safe service; regulating labor; overseeing side work; cleaning duties; supervise and train staff; administrative duties as assigned by manager (i.e. scheduling, payroll, ordering, etc…); effectively dealing with personnel and customer service issues as they arise, provide appropriate service to the customer to meet their needs and requests whenever possible to assure customer satisfaction. The AAM must be available to help solve & troubleshoot any problems that come up during the course of a shift and fill in for the head manager when they are on vacation. The AAM position can be hard physical work and this job also takes mental agility and the ability to effectively multi-task in a fast paced and deadline oriented environment. The AAM must also have the ability to work well independently and also as a member of a team. Each employee will be expected to perform their job in a safe manner and report any safety concerns to Head or General Management. All McMenamin employees will also be expected to keep current on all company events, history, and products. Other duties are to be completed as assigned by the Manager on duty.
Requirements of the Job:
- Obtain and maintain current food handlers and OLCC/WA liquor license
- Previous related experience is required
- Ability to accurately handle cash and work with numbers
- Excellent customer service & communication skills
- Ability to respond to alarm calls and answer pub related phone calls in a timely manner
- Available to work a minimum of 35 hours a week, have a flexible schedule including days, evenings, weekends & holidays required
Essential Functions of the Job:
- Provide excellent customer service for guests as well as effective shift management
- Safely lift and carry heavy objects with a hand truck or the help of another person if necessary
- Must have a value for diversity and the ability to work with individuals from different backgrounds
- Ability to effectively manage others in a positive and professional manner
- Provide excellent customer service in a high volume environment
- Handle complaints in a professional and positive manner
- Work for long periods on feet including frequent walking, stair climbing and working outdoors in varied weather conditions as necessary
- Repetitive movement such as pushing, pulling, bending, some twisting and stooping
- Fine hand manipulation including handling small and large objects, computer keyboard usage, writing, chopping and use of kitchen equipment, etc.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, be positive, polite, and cooperative with co-workers, managers, vendors, and customers
- Work around various heat sources, including grills, broilers, and hot-oil fryers
- Work with and around sharp objects, including knives & slicers
- Work with chemicals and used in cleaning and sanitizing
Most importantly, this job requires a positive attitude, a value for diversity, and a commitment to excellent customer service.
Each employee is expected to come to work ready to have fun and be a positive force.
YOU MUST BE ABLE TO PERFORM THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB WITH OR WITHOUT REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION
To apply for this job please visit recruiting2.ultipro.com.