Digital Art Technician
Website Dark Horse Comics, LLC
Digital Art Technician – Join our team!
Dark Horse Comics, LLC, the Milwaukie, Oregon Company responsible for Hellboy, Minecraft, Umbrella Academy comics (and many more), is seeking a highly motivated and experienced Digital Art Technician to join our team.
This is a full time (40 hours per week) position in a creative, fast-paced industry: comic books & genre publishing. Our Digital Art Technicians must have a strong foundation of graphic software skills (Adobe Creative Suite), an eye for color and detail, patience for repetitive tasks, and be open to performing a variety of duties relating to prepress and digital art quality assurance in both print and digital publishing.
Your primary responsibilities will include the following and more!
- Quality controlling digital assets for use in final print.
- Assuring color accuracy
- Print resolution
- File Formatting for various media (print and digital distribution)
- Restoration and manipulation of graphic assets for print
- Print publishing book layout and file formatting/organization
- Asset management and organization
- Operation and calibration of scanners and printers
- Scanning/digitizing traditional media art pieces
- Maintaining and adhering to tight schedules and deadlines.
- Learn additional software, quality control, and proper set-up for comic book production.
- Associates Degree and or equivalent
- 3 + years prior experience in position related
- Minimum 2 years experience in four-color/ CMYK digital file preparation and output.
- Must be fluent in Adobe Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Proven ability to multitask and adapt to changing technologies.
- Positive and professional attitude.
- Great attention to detail and organizational skills are necessary.
- Familiarity of comics and/or publishing industry (a plus)
Please apply and submit your cover letter and resume, via posting link.
If submitting by mail, send to: Attention to: HR/ Production at 10956 S.E Main Street, Milwaukie, OR 97222, or fax to 503-654-9440. NO CALLS PLEASE!
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.paylocity.com.